Washington DC accomodation

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Washington DC accomodation

Postby CdnSue » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm planning a side-trip to Washington DC sometime before Christmas. Looking for ideas on accommodation. Am I better trying to find someplace in the action, maybe staying in a hostel or staying the 'burbs near a metro station? It's been a while since I stayed dorm-style in a hostel. As I get older I get less tolerant of the noise that sometimes come with dorm-style rooms. I also need someplace where I can ensure my bags are secure as I will be traveling for work had have laptop, etc. with me.
CdnSue
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Washington DC accomodation

Postby clairew85 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:40 am

I stayed at the YHA in Washington, and they had loads of events on, you can get a private room in there, was close to the metro and things to do, perfect really
clairew85
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Washington DC accomodation

Postby beaufort13 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:10 am

I've just planned 6 weeks in the US including Autumn in the Appalachians. For my travel to New York, Washington and San Francisco I used www.airbnb.com. Most of my places that I've booked are well under $100 per night, and I feel safe using them. I'm staying in Boston in a cheap hotel that looks pretty good. I suppose it's what you need and how much to pay. I'm in my late 50's so I want a little privacy and comfort.
beaufort13
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to North America