Tips for the Historic Parks of the American Southwest (NUSWD

From hiking the remote canyons of Navajo country to the spectacular mountains of the Rockies, from Orca-spotting off Vancouver to the gold-rush towns of the Yukon, experience North America - a true wilderness paradise.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Tips for the Historic Parks of the American Southwest (NUSWD

Postby JaliscoJudy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:13 pm

IncaTrail50 wrote:
thecakeisalie wrote:Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! I see from your avatar that you had some decent weather at least for photos... so have you posted them anywhere for us to see? And what were the temps like this time of year?

We had wonderful weather and a bit of cloud in the sky for the pictures! It was cool, mid-50s F or 10s C so perfect for hiking. Here's a link to a few and I'll post in the travel tales/photography as well. I took a crazy number of pictures so it was hard to pare it down. I included a few from our hike in Phoenix too, bird shots. An awesome trip!

http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pict ... album=1634

You *knew* you had me with the birds! Love Roadrunners. Did you know they are in the cuckoo family? Did you see Wiley?
C R E A T E .H A P P I N E S S .& .C O M M U N I T Y
"creating happiness is a privilege we all share"
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/
JaliscoJudy

Re: Tips for the Historic Parks of the American Southwest (NUSWD

Postby IncaTrail50 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 pm

JaliscoJudy wrote:You *knew* you had me with the birds! Love Roadrunners. Did you know they are in the cuckoo family? Did you see Wiley?

I love birds too but it's a recent thing. I spent many years practising sports photography when my daughter played multiple sports. Photographing birds is my latest challenge! I work with a very avid birder who never lets me identify birds in my photo books as "large brown bird on road" or "small yellow bird in shrub". I have to have them properly identified before I show them to her. My biggest challenge so far was Egypt and I actually had to send a couple of pictures off for identification to an Egyptian ornithologist I found on the internet!

A roadrunner is a cuckoo? We thought we'd seen Wile E but it turned out to be a really, really big jackrabbit! Similar colour to him and was hopping after the roadrunners so go figure!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Previous

Return to North America