Ireland and Northern Ireland

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Ireland and Northern Ireland

Postby worldtraveller » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Hello all I would like to do a trip of Ireland and Northern Ireland as well.

What is the best GAP trip?

What are the most must see cities in both parts of Ireland?

Being from Canada. I am trying to make a decision of where to go? Too many places I want to go to?

Who wants to go to Ireland?

cheers
JR
worldtraveller
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Ireland and Northern Ireland

Postby Aerasay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:17 pm

In the North definitely head to the North Coast to see Bushmills, the giants causeway and lots of other beautiful scenery.
Dublin is fun but expensive and Belfast, having grown up there, is a bit of a let down in my mind, but people keep coming to visit for some reason!!
Aerasay
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby the1bigbear » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Galway is a lovely city so try to get yourself there. And I would definitely recommend spending a few nights out in Connemara if you can (Roundstone is great!)
I live in Dublin and it is a little more pricey here for certain things but don't let that put you off. There are some great little pubs around. Who knows, maybe when you get here I can recommend you the latest place to go. :D
the1bigbear
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby sinecure » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm

If I went to Ireland, I'm afraid it would just be tour of me going from brewery to distillery and back again. 8) But what a trip it would be.
sinecure

Postby Itchy_Feet » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 am

Having lived in Dublin for a bit, I can say it's a fun city, but after two or three days, I'm always ready to move on. Belfast never struck me as all that interesting but try to make it to Derry. The city walls are still intact, making for a nice stroll, and there's tons of history to soak up (along with the alcohol :) ) Don't forget some of the smaller cities though - I've had great times in Westport, Kilkenny, and Kinsale. It's hard to narrow it down - Ireland may be a small island, but there's tons to see! How are you getting around? Car? Bus?
Itchy_Feet

Return to Europe