Mont Blanc Trek Pack Size

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Mont Blanc Trek Pack Size

Postby kafka » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi Folks,
I have been looking for a really good trekking adventure and this one fits the bill nicely, but I do have a couple of questions with regards to the packs required for the hike.
1) The trip dossier indicates a backpack for all of our gear during the hike plus a good size daypack. I was wondering if a 55-65L expedition pack would suffice for the 12 day period, or is this going to be much too heavy for the 6-7 hour hikes each day at this elevation.
2) Why do they recommend a daypack if you will be carrying all of your gear each day during the trek. Would this be for side trips during the rest days?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
kafka
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Mont Blanc Trek Pack Size

Postby TMBDAD » Sun May 04, 2008 9:04 pm

I had the same questions. I ended up buy a 50 litre. As for the daypack question- GAP has a store here in Toronto and they told me that it was a generic statement and that it doesn't apply to the TMB because you will already be carrying your pack. My sons and I are doing the Aug 2-13 trek, maybe we'll see you there.
Regards, TMBDAD
TMBDAD
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Mont Blanc Trek Pack Size

Postby Care » Thu May 29, 2008 7:31 pm

Hey there..I went on the TMB last year and here's my suggestions...don't pack too much! Keep it light light light!! I brpought a 55L pack and did not fill it and weigh about 13 pounds. Only pack the necessary stuff. After a long hike, the backpack can feel like a tonne!

Hope this helps!
User Rank: Weekender

Return to Europe