Greek Sailing trip--- Fishing

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Greek Sailing trip--- Fishing

Postby all yeah boy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:26 pm

I am booked to go on one of the Greek Sailing trips in June. I am wondering about fishing. I know I won't won't be able to fish while we are under way but when we stop is a possibility. I usually bring my own rod and tackle with me (rod breaks into two 4.5ft sections, have packed the thing around most of central america). Anyone have any luck with the fish in Greece??? Are there usully rods on the boat?

I would rather fish then hit a disco any day of the week, expect maybe new years eve...
all yeah boy
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Greek Sailing trip--- Fishing

Postby vinnie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:29 am

Most nights the boat will be parked in a harbor. Most are small but there will still be boat traffic in the area of where the GAP boat stops. June is the start of 'high' season in the Greek islands and the boats will often be docked one next to another. I would not think that fishing in the harbor would be a good idea. However, you should be able to walk a short distance (say 10 or 15 min.) from the boat and find a spot to fish from. I have never seen any fishing rods on a GAP boat.
vinnie
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Europe