Ferry Schedule/Patmos

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Ferry Schedule/Patmos

Postby CarlCeder » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:19 pm

I am taking a 3 month world tour that is going to end up in the Greek Islands on the Santorini to Santorini excursion. I was wondering though...one of the things I was thinking about doing was going to Patmos, but it is relatively far away from Santorni, Mykonos, etc....so what I was going to do was try to take a ferry after the tour and try to make my way to Patmos somehow...it just seems that the ferries are so erratic this might be difficult to do. Does anyone have any insight as to whether this can be accomplished? And if so, would it likely have to be done from the port in Athens?

I was also thinking about going to Turkey after the sailing tour...because I heard Istanbul is amazing. Does anyone have any insight with regards to this? If you are in this part of the region...I heard Turkey is a must see if you are already over there...anyone agree with this? Thanks!
CarlCeder
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Ferry Schedule/Patmos

Postby PurpleNed » Mon May 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi

The Greek Ferry system is pretty good, but if you are there in the off season the ferries dont run to the smaller islands as often as they do in the summer.

Here is their website: http://www.greekferries.gr/

Also Turkey is an AMAZING country and a wonderful place to go, if you've got the time and the money then I highly recommend adding it on to your trip. Full of history, culture, shopping, architecture, and beautiful coastlines.

Have an awesome trip!
PurpleNed
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Europe