Greek Sailing Excursion Options?

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Greek Sailing Excursion Options?

Postby -Tumbleweed » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Hello,
I was thinking of going on one of the Greek island sailing trips in May but was wondering what there is to do at each island stop. I don't mind some relaxing but I need some adventure too. Is there hiking, kayaking, canyoning, etc available at any of the islands? I was particularly looking at the Dodecanese Islands. Thanks for your help!
-Tumbleweed
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Greek Sailing Excursion Options?

Postby vinnie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 am

The short answer is there are things to do on each island. However, each island has its own mix of possibilities. For most islands the major thing to do is to visit the towns. Most people go to the museums, churches, etc. but water sports are available almost everywhere. Also keep in mind that as you will be 'working' the boat you will also need to plan to shop for food, water, etc. in most ports. Finally, there is always a long dinner followed by (on most islands) the nightlife (discos and bars usually stay open until 3AM).
vinnie
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Europe