Croatian Highlight Trip

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Croatian Highlight Trip

Postby epavelko » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Has anyone been to Croatia or on this featured Croatia Highlights trip?
If you have been can you please tell me what the best places to see are in Croatia and which islands are worth visiting. How many days would you suggest staying?
Thanks.
epavelko
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Croatian Highlight Trip

Postby tomfoster29 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:46 am

Hi,

I have been to Trogir before which is part of the Croatia Highlights tour I believe. It is a beautiful beautiful place and I was surprised how mediterranean it felt. The Dalmatian coast is great and relatively untouched by mass tourism which is great, although I reckon it will gradually become more popular as people begin to 'discover' Croatia.

I was only in Croatia for about 5 days when I backpacked around Europe with my friends but I would say it was the best part of the whole trip. So much so, that all my friends went back to Croatia the year after to do the whole Dalmatian coast for a couple of weeks, unfortunatly I wasnt able to make it :( However, they absolutely loved it and the photos looked AMAZING! They started in Dubrovnik and worked their way up the coast spending a few days at each place visiting various islands.

I cant recommend Croatia enough, you'll love it!
tomfoster29
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Europe