The Pilgrims Way Info

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

The Pilgrims Way Info

Postby sweedy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:00 am

Hi,
Iam thinking of going on this trip but I see the physical rating is high. I like to walk a lot and would be fit enough but could anyone whos been on it let me know what its like, it would really help me to decide.
Thanks
sweedy
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: The Pilgrims Way Info

Postby LadyBird » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:13 pm

The Pilgrims Way is one of the few GAP trips that have a physical grading of 5.

Be prepared to hike an average of 6 to 10 hrs per day (approx. 20-25 km per day.) Passengers are required to carry their own packs and there are no support vehicles!

260 KM hiking with everything on your back in just two weeks is as tough as it can get.
LadyBird

Postby auburnfive » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:06 am

I am also thinking about this trip, it s very appealing.. What happens if despite training, and packing light...., etc you twist an ankle, or are otherwise injured. Is there local transport that you can use? Or an alternative to send your pack on ahead? Any other sort of back up? Any comments on the accommodation? Thanks
auburnfive

Postby auburnfive » Fri May 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Hello,
Made the decision to book for Sept 7, Not enough signed up yet, so if your thinking about it ... have done quite a bit of research, it looks good, give me a shout if you have any questions.
auburnfive

Return to Europe