Greek Islands sailing - Santorini

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Greek Islands sailing - Santorini

Postby kristinam » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Has anyone been on this 10 day trip in the last year? I would love to hear about the quality of the boats.
Kristina M.
kristinam
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby vinnie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:11 pm

The ten day trip is new this year and thus no one has taken it yet. The first trip will be in May 2008.

Second, the boats are rented for each year. You should call GAP to see what boats they will be using this season. If they use the same boats as they did last year then I would grade them as 'good'. The boats rented last year were used (several years old) and not in mint condition. However, everything major appeard to be workable. Also GAP hires a cleaning crew to clean each boat before each trip. It is the same idea as renting a car at the airport that the rental company has owned for a few months.
vinnie
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Greek Islands sailing trip - Santorini

Postby kristinam » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks, Vinnie - that is very helpful!! I don't need mint condition, just that everything major (engine, sails, steering, heads) are in working order! I'll call to check to see if they're sailing the same boats.
kristinam

Return to Europe