Netherland trip advice

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Netherland trip advice

Postby Mr. Gadget » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:54 pm

Need advice going to party in the Netherland and don't want to stay in the dirty town of Amsterdam.

So where's a better neighborhood to stay at a hotel at near the fun?

Also are there coffee shop all over the Holland area or only in Amsterdam?

Thanks
Mr. Gadget
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby careau » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:43 pm

A travel savvy friend once told me that even people who have no interest in Amsterdam often use it as their "home base" to tour the area because accomodations are affordable and the frequent trains will bring you anywhere you want to go during the day.

I stayed at the Museumzicht & Wynnobel in the Museumplein & Vondelpark and they were within walking distance to everything but not right in the middle of it. I would recommend both for anyone seeking budget lodgings.
careau
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby PieterBots » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 am

Hi there!

I live in the Netherlands and if you don't like to stay in Amsterdam, I'd suggest you stay in the nice city of Utrecht. It's only 25 minutes away from Amsterdam by train and also a very nice town to stay.

Coffee shops are all around the Netherlands. Even the smallest city has one :)
PieterBots

The netherland

Postby yauger » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:04 pm

1) Amsterdam is not dirty. Might be more expensive to stay there than smaller towns but it is conveniently located and from the train station you can go everywhere. In Amsterdam we always stayed at the Agora on single. Next time we will be staying at the B&B Barangay very close to Central station.

2) but if you don't want to stay there, Delft is a pretty nice quint town. Lot of bars, restaurants and easy access by train. Actually from there you can also go pretty much everywhere. we used to stay at those hotels and they are all good. Leeuwenbrug, Emauspoort, and Bridgeshouses ( bigger room but can be noisy if you are facing the street. )
The world is a big encyclopedia, my hometown is the first page...
yauger

Re: Netherland trip advice

Postby Zuleika » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Oh my goodness - who on earth told you Amsterdam was dirty - its not at all, its a wonderful place, I love it. Full of canals and interesting places, accessible by bicycle. Great parties/clubs/bars everywhere!

Mind you - I do live in London so anywhere is cleaner!!!!!1
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Europe