another Greek Islands Sailing query!

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

another Greek Islands Sailing query!

Postby Tarsh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:02 am

I am female, and will be travelling on my own. I understand that on Gap adventures, single travellers are paired in twin share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. However, I guess the sailing adventures might be a bit different? Should I prepare myself for the possibility that I may have to share a cabin with a guy?

Also, is smoking permitted outside on the deck of the boat?

Finally, whilst I understand GAP is for all ages, I was wondering if the sailing tours attract a particular age group? Ie under 25s, 25 – 40, or over 40s. Or its very varied, and difficult to generalise?

Thanks in advance
Tarsh
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby vinnie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:41 am

As a single you should prepare youself for the possibility that you will share with a guy. However, your tour leader will attempt to pair you with a female if at all possible. At most there will be one mixed sex cabin on any sailing (and often none). Also, if the boat is not full it is possible that you will have a cabin to yourself. The chance that you will share with a guy is rather small.

Yes you can smoke when you are out on deck. I would advise you to do it as far aft as possible.

Most of the people I have been on GAP adventures with were in the age range of 25 to 35. With that said, there has always been one or two people who are above or below that age range. I should also say that most of the people were single on the GAP trips I have been on.
vinnie
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby Tarsh » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:17 am

Thanks for the info :D
Tarsh

Postby careau » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:01 pm

I didn`t do the Greek "Sailing" tour, but the Greek Island Discovery (with ferries). Half the group was in their twenties, a quarter in their thirties and a quarter in their late forties.

There were 6 singles. 3 guys. 3 girls. the "odd" girl and guy didn`t share, they got a single room, as did the tour manager. (But I think different rules may apply for the sailing tour).

Have fun!
careau
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Return to Europe