Loire Valley & Northern Spain Cycle

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Loire Valley & Northern Spain Cycle

Postby theway » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi fellow travellers, look forward to meeting you
I am leaving New Zealand for Paris in 19 days and will be on the Loire Valley Cycle Tour on 12 July - can't wait to enjoy the local country side, cuisine, wine & good friendships.
What is it like cycling in July - will we need the warm clothes suggested in the check-list?
I am travelling for a month so will have a backpack & wheelie case - how difficult is it to get around with your luggage? Check lists suggests helmets, puncture kits and bike gear - is this not supplied by the tour operators?

I reconnect with gadventure tours for the Northern Spain tour from Barcelona on 27 July - can't wait to do the side show activities kayaking, etc. etc. let me know if anyone else is going to be there.
theway
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Loire Valley & Northern Spain Cycle

Postby sinecure » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Welcome Aboard,

There may be some limited shared equipment, but you may find things like your own helmet much more comfortable than a shared helmet. Feel free to post over in the July departure lounge if there is not already a post for your tours.

Have a great time!
sinecure

Return to Europe