Trekking in Iceland

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Trekking in Iceland

Postby kimidee » Wed May 21, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm having a difficult time finding info about what to expect temperature-wise for the trekking portion of this trip. Wondering how cold I should prepare to be.

Any info greatly appreciated! I'm going first week of July.

Thanks!
kimidee
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Trekking in Iceland

Postby walima » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:05 am

Hi there!

I think we might be going on the same trip. As far as I know, temperatures should be around 8-15° at max. during the day. But they can drop down to 0° during the night. The more inland, the colder it should be. I'm more concerned about the rain. So a good waterproof jacket and fast drying hiking pants a are my first choice.
walima

Postby ani4040 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi there! thanks so much for the post. are you going 8/22-9/1? if so, we are going on the same trip! excited to meet you :) have you ever done a trip like this before?
ani4040

Postby marlborooroblram » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:34 pm

I will be trekking Iceland in july and am having trouble deciding what to pack !. there list seems to include everything and the bathroom sink, does anybody have any useful tips for this first time backpacker ?
marlborooroblram

Return to Europe