Solo Traveler London to Rome? Should I do it?

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Solo Traveler London to Rome? Should I do it?

Postby kel2323 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi,

I am 30 and a single female and have never traveled to Europe by myself, but I want to see the world and decided this is my year! Since I have never taken this trip before and have never used G Adventures before, I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback on this adventure? I am thinking of joining the tour in the first week of June or Mid June. My family is not thrilled with me traveling alone and I'd love to know it is safe and I wouldn't actually be "alone" as I would befriend others. Any thoughts?
kel2323
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Solo Traveler London to Rome? Should I do it?

Postby labradorian.traveler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Hey

I'm also solo travelling this trip as well. Im booked for early June. From my research, I doubt you'd be travelling alone, unless you wanted to. In my opinion, the countries we're travelling through are very safe.

My advice is to do some research on what to take! Pack light, and make sure you have copies upon copies of your medical information, passports and a credit card information tucked away somewhere safe and leave a copy of it with your parents, just incase you misplace it along the trip.

Regards!
labradorian.traveler
User Rank: Weekender

Postby labradorian.traveler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:15 pm

And ya, do it!!!!
labradorian.traveler

Postby TravelFun » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:10 am

Of course you should do it :P

You'll be with a group so really you can choose if you want to have your own time or group time. You're visiting the main cities and they're safe and just use common sense really. Keep an eye on your bags, keep valuables secure and be aware of your surroundings...as you would in most places.

Go and enjoy the highlights and soon you'll be planning your next trip.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby noodengr » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:47 pm

short answer : go for it.

I have been on 3 Gadventure tours and each time there have been solo single women on the tour.
ages have varied from mid 20s to late 40s. G offers a great opportunity to explore areas of the world that I would not go solo in my first time. The tours take care of the logistics hassles like transportation and lodging for a reasonable cost. Then provides a introduction to each city or area
from your CEO and a local guide, but also allows the freedom to explore on your own, or pair up
with someone else on the tour and head out. Meals in the evening offer a chance to swap stories of what you have seen that day or in past travels. Go for it you won't regret seeing the world.
noodengr
User Rank: Traveller

Postby melissadacruz » Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm in the same boat as you Kel, but i've decided to just stop thinking so much and do it! I'm planning for the Italy and France tour June 20th, which ones do you have in mind?
melissadacruz

Postby ejc123 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Single 29 y/o lady here, I have done a few G trips before, some with a friend and some solo. Never the only single one and everybody I have met on these trips has been super nice. Also, I am looking to travel somewhere early July if you are interested :D
ejc123

Postby kel2323 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm doing the London to Rome trip on June 2. Can't wait!
kel2323

Postby labradorian.traveler » Tue May 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Nice. I'll see you there.
labradorian.traveler

Postby jsones346 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 am

I'm in the same boat.. 33/Male here.. First Time I've ever been on a trip like this Solo.

I think it'll be fun!

Also going June 2.
jsones346

Postby amycorona » Sat May 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm also a single women, 29, going on the June 2 London to Rome. I'm arriving in London on 5/30 and staying in Rome until 6/10. Anyone else arriving early/staying later?
amycorona

Postby ballu » Sun May 11, 2014 5:51 am

Please use our departure lounge to find fellow travellers:

viewforum.php?f=69
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby brad.fraser » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:41 am

I hate to sound like an echo, and I'm aware you'd have done your tour now as you said it was early June, but just in case others find themselves in your situation in the future I really must +1 everyone saying "do it".
Whilst I'm yet to do a G Adventures tour - my first one is this October - I have done tours with other companies where I went alone. And the majority of travelers on those tours were all traveling solo too. It's a great way to travel. You meet a ton of new people (some people I've met are among my closest of mates now) but can go off on your own if there's something that interests you that doesn't appeal to others. And all the important stuff, logistics travel & accommodation, are all planned for you. It's the best way to travel. You'll be perfectly safe too, just keep an eye on your pockets and have valuables away in a backpack to not make yourself a target to begin with and you'll be fine! I'm sure you'll have a great time and get the bug and want to do it again and again :wink:
You're off to great places,
Today is your day.
Your mountain is waiting,
So get on your way!!
brad.fraser

Return to Europe