Turkey Explorer

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Turkey Explorer

Postby pannie » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi, Hubby and I (both seniors) are planning to do the Turkey Explorer. Is April or May a better time? (Rain, heat for hikes, etc.). Would appreciate any comments (positive and negative) from those who have been on this tour. This will be our first tour with a group, and first trip to Turkey. Thanks for any advice!
pannie
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Turkey Explorer

Postby eugenia11 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi there, I actually booked this very trip myself today. My agency was having a 20% off sale and they convinced me to do this one (I was going to book the shorter one before). They only have a departure for March 29th and then the next one is May 17th (the one I'm on). I think the May one would have warmer weather and hopefully less rain. The flights were slightly more expensive in May than in late March/April. I'm flying out of Toronto and got a flight for $1250 nonstop both ways. Anyways, hope this helps and hope to see you guys there :)!
eugenia11

Postby pannie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:15 am

Sounds great. BTW, which agency is that? Maybe we can use them as well (I was going to book directly). Sounds like a fun trip. Haven't seen reviews of this particular trip. Have you been with GAdventures before?
pannie

Postby eugenia11 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 pm

The agency was Flight Centre and I know the agent there so she was able to notify me of the discount, because the discount was actually through Flight Centre and not through G Adventures. Do you live in the Toronto area? She is the manager at the Promenade Mall branch (her name's Ola), and she was super helpful. But I think the discount was for this Saturday only (to coincide with the Travel Expo in downtown Toronto). I have not been with G Adventures before but my coworker has to Jordan and he said they were great. Also Ola's parents went on the G Adventures Absolute Turkey last year and they loved it.
eugenia11

Postby pannie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks so much. We live in Southern California (San Clemente) so don't know if it would work. However, we are also looking into OAT's Turkey trip (also small group) which includes a gulet cruise for 4 nights. Decisions, decisions!!
Thanks for the information.
pannie

Return to Europe