Best of Spain & Portugal 2014

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Best of Spain & Portugal 2014

Postby nomad2012 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:38 am

Thinking of added this trip to one I am already doing in Morocco. Anyone have feedback regarding the tour?
nomad2012
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Best of Spain & Portugal 2014

Postby laurawilson » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Haven't done this one, but I'm doing the Ultimate Spain & Portugal trip next year, which I believe includes this one and then an extra week added on at the end.

I went to Spain (Barcelona) with G Adventures last September and it was amazing! I've heard great things about the rest of Spain and Portugal as well. Are you still thinking of doing it?

Laura
laurawilson

Postby nikimarcotte » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:36 pm

I did this tour then followed up with one in morocco in oct of 2013....worked quite well, was a little disappointed in how fast paced the best of spain and Portugal was, hardly had any spare time to wander on your own, shop, or do laundry(very pricy some places to have it done for you, so make sure and ask your guide to let you know the cheaper places, if you aren't up for hand washing)...public transportation also had it's pitfalls, but it is cost effective. amazing stuff to see and do, I got a little tired of pastries( had to grab quick breakfasts and there is a pastry shop on every cornery). eat as many Belem (egg/custard) tarts as you can at the shop in Lisbon, so delicious and you won't find any better ones anywhere else on the trip. was a good mix of ages on our tour, had a lot of fun with our group. really my only complaint was almost no shopping time :) luckily I spent an extra 3 days in Barcelona at the end, very glad I did that, gave me time to do my laundry, shop and mail stuff home before heading off to my next adventure " highlights of morocco".
nikimarcotte
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby wanderlustcc » Wed May 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Hi there,

I'm a 31 y/o woman planning to go on the Best of Spain & Portugal trip. I'm a solo traveler and would love to connect with a few people prior to this trip! I'll also be in Morocco prior to this trip for about a week and will be traveling in Barcelona for about a month when the Spain/Portugal trip ends if anyone would like to meet up!

Also, if anyone has gone on this tour before, please chime in! Would love to hear your thoughts.

~courtney
wanderlustcc

Postby ballu » Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 am

Please use our departure lounge to find fellow travellers:

viewforum.php?f=69
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found