turkey visa

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

turkey visa

Postby leahlovestravel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi
Has anyone entered Turkey by bus from Bulgaria? Just wondering if getting a visa at the border pretty straight forward or to get it ahead of time.
I've read in other posts its easy at the airport so hoping the same at the border.
Cheers!
Leah
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel
User Rank: Nomad

Re: turkey visa

Postby jafanut » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 am

Hi Leah,

While I have yet to enter Turkey via bus, I am about to do so this month. Like you I am doing the Budapest to Istanbul tour but depart in August. I have purchased the evisa online. It is $60 usd but at least I know I do not have to worry (hopefully!!!)

It was a link from the Australian Govt Smart Traveller website so here's hoping its all good.

Cheers
Kylie
jafanut
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby leahlovestravel » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 am

Thanks so much! I found it too and it was super easy.
Appreciate the help :)
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel

Postby gnome mad » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:44 pm

I entered Turkey by bus a few years ago. The visa was a simple and straightforward process. You might want to try for a seat near the front of the bus, though, because it did take about 30 minutes of standing in line for me. That could have been closer to 10 if I wasn't in the back of the bus.

Also, note that it's a large visa and will require a blank page. If your passport is close to filling up, make sure to save a blank page for it or you may be in for a disappointment when you reach Turkey.
gnome mad
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to Europe