Thoughts on the Best of Eastern Europe

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Thoughts on the Best of Eastern Europe

Postby pdrake » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:53 pm

thinking of taking my GF on this tour, has anyone taken and what are your impressions of the tour.
pdrake
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Thoughts on the Best of Eastern Europe

Postby sobieski » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm

go to Poland ,Krakow,Gdansk. the best places to be , not expensive and great history
sobieski

Postby pdrake » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:27 am

thanks, did anyone take this particular tour?
pdrake

Postby onyx007 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Hey pdrake,

the other two's didn't understood your question. I wasn't on this tour, but I've been to most of the places on this trip "Best of Eastern Europe". It looks great and you will see some great places.

I did three G-adventures-tours and in my opinion they do a great job, so go for it and prepare for some goose bumps when you will visiting Auschwitz, I had some...

As an advice; plan maybe two or even three more days in Berlin; it's the greatest city in Germany; history (20th century and beyond), architecture (all the new buildings, ricing after the fall of the Berlin Wall), partying hard (Kurfürstendamm, Friedrichstrasse ect.), amazing museums (DDR, Bunker, Pergamon)and many things more. You can even go the the city of Potsdam, which is on the outskirts of Berlin and there is the palace of sansoucci (the Versailles of Germany) and the Movie-Studios "Babelsberg" where lots of Q.Tarantinos "Inglorious Basterds" was made.
onyx007
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby pdrake » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm

thanks.
pdrake

Postby lydiawpatel » Wed May 08, 2013 2:00 am

I agree Berlin and Krakow are both gorgeous cities to visit, make extra time for them
lydiawpatel

Postby sbock88 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 pm

I went on this trip last summer with my sister and it was amazing. Although, the itinerary we had is different than the one they have currently. (And our trip was $500 more expensive) We went to Vienna, Czesky Krumlov (in the Czech Republic), Prague, Krakow, The Tatras Mountains, and Budapest. It was wonderful, traveling wasn't too terrible- not many long trips to get from destinantion to destination. and it was a great mix of individual and group time. I would suggest using a backpack as your luggage (we used suitcases and regretted it with all the steps and hoping on and off of public busses) So although it wasn't the exact tour the areas are great and I would highly recommend it. Let me know if you have any other questions!
sbock88

Return to Europe