Golden Ring of Russia 2012

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Golden Ring of Russia 2012

Postby pdesmar21 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Ok, I want to first mention that this is my sole opinion, and may not reflet the other people on this Tour. I was part of Golden Ring Russia tour that began on June 23rd. I had heard alot of things regarding Russia before I went on this trip, but felt safe as I was with G Adventures, and had a very pleasant experience on my last tour: Absolute Turkey (July 2011). However I wish I could say the same about Russia trip. In that it was not no such much of a struggle to navigate or understand the day-to-day encounters with Russian people; actually that was quite interesting! But the fact of the matter was I am used to proffesional knowledable guides who were pleasant and very approachable. Well this surely was not the case this time. I have to say that our guide who met us in Moscow was quite sweet and kind hearted, but unfortunately not very organized or knowledable as I would hope to expect being someone that knows very little regarding Russia culture and histroy. However, the guide who met us in Yaraslov was the opposite very knowledable and organized, but I felt every time I would ask her a question or try to get some information; I was being brushed off or was just plain a nuisance to her. About the second day I just stop talking to her all together. I would hope to expect professional cordial service being that I paid alot of money to go on this trip, and to be treated the way she treated me was very unsettling. I was down right uncomfortable the rest of the trip. In speaking with my fellow travelers they said not to worry, and that I was reading to much into this (which I may have because I am a very sensitive person). I even noticed how other travelers showered her with gifts and praise. But Iike I said I personally was both offended and disturbed by the poor customer service displayed by this gude. While at a restaraunt for our final meal she was texting and felt no urge to come and talk to others sitting away from her. It is my opinion that if you are not passionate or caring about what your doing then find something else that is.... Apparently this guide was studying linguistics, and I teach children who have language and speech problems a possible bridge to share ideas and learn from one another, right; well not in this case. I am a passionate person and enjoy the day-to-day narratives of the people who make up the world. Like I said, it seem as if I was there to bother her or distract her from her agenda. Life is too short: do what you love and love what you do. I will continue to travel, but may think twice about booking with G Adventures given this experience.
pdesmar21
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Golden Ring of Russia 2012

Postby jimshu » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 am

All good points to include in your trip evaluation so G Adventures can sort out the guides who don't share G Adventures passion for courteous and knowledgeable sharing of travel. And the CEO's or guides are at the forefront of this.
I can't fault the guides we've had on 3 trips with G Adventures so far, and we're booking a fourth this week.
LEAD WITH SERVICE
Our passion for travel is rivaled only by our commitment to those we serve
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

jimshu

Re: Golden Ring of Russia 2012

Postby Customer_Service » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Dear pdesmar21,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us on the wateringhole. I apologize for the late response.

I am sorry to hear that your experience on the Golden Ring of Russia was not what you expected. If you would like to discuss this further, please email us at customerservice@gadventures.com and we can investigate this further. We want all our travelers to have a great experience, from the moment you book with us to the moment you return home and start planning your next G Adventures tour. To learn that this was not the experience for you is very concerning to us and we want to make sure we address all of this with you. We have some of the best CEOs/tour leaders in the industry and we want to make sure this is consistent across the board.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Kindest regards,
Daria

Customer Service Team
Customer_Service

Return to Europe