LONDON hotels

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

LONDON hotels

Postby lucia777 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 am

hi all...need some help locating accomations in london for nine days...traveling alone but would like my base in london..i would like a nice place...not too expensive...near tube....lucia..
lucia777
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: LONDON hotels

Postby kateyb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:04 am

Check out the Easy hotel chain of hotels
kateyb
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby skimomnw2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm

We always stay at a B and B. Lots in Kenningston area and you can walk to the Kenningston or Notting Hill tube stations. We've also stayed in Parsons Green with a family. Parsons Green is a nice neighborhood but it was about a 20 minute walk to the tube. Quiet, safe, and you feel part of the community though. We stayed in Chiswick which is a lovely suburb, very reasonable B&B in a private home but you have to transfer to other lines to get to main tourist spots like St. Paul's, National Gallery, etc. Don't stay near Victoria Station. One hotel is actually over the tube and the area is dirty and seedy. Have a great trip.

Ski Mom
skimomnw2
User Rank: Weekender

Best of Italy in October

Postby skimomnw2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:57 pm

We just booked our trip. I've been to Peru with Gap and had an amazing trip and shared the adventure with wonderful people. Although we've been in the UK and France, haven't made it to Italy. Any suggestions about what not to pack and what to leave at home?

Ciao,

Ski Mom
skimomnw2

Postby georginal » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Skimomnw2

As a general rule though Italy is hotter in the summer than France and the UK but can still rain especially in the mountains. Layering up will be your trick, with waterproofs. A warm fleece or 2, but nothing stupdily heavy. I'm guessing if your booking now then your going in the summer??

Hope that helps. Enjoy!
georginal

Return to Europe