Turkey - Visas

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Turkey - Visas

Postby kintyre95 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Hello!

I'm going on the Turkey adventure in October/November. Was wondering if anyone who have been there would recommend to get the visa now via CIBT or when I arrive at the airport? Is it alot of red tape to get the visa once I arrive there?

Thanks,
Susan
kintyre95
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Turkey - Visas

Postby Isabelle73 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Susan,

Went to Turkey in May/June and I got the visa at the airport, which was very easy. The only thing is that you have to get the visa before going through customs, getting your luggage, etc., which means before getting to an ATM. So make sure you bring US dollars or Euros, as you can only pay the visa in cash.

Isabelle
Isabelle73
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby kintyre95 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks for the info!
kintyre95

Postby Praha335Ci » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 am

Susan the Turkish visa is a paste on sticker. The counters will give you a receipt as well as a visa sticker . Sometimes the clerks get overwhelmed by the volume of travellers and just hand out the receipt and totally forget to paste the visa sticker. You will have to line up again at the counter which is a hassel . This site has lots of handy information as well:

http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/

Happy travels.
Praha335Ci
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby kintyre95 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 am

Thank you so much for the info!

-Susan
kintyre95

Postby kencheung » Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Just thought I would update for anyone interested. I just came back from Turkey. The whole visa thing is really just an entry tax. You pay your money at the airport and you get your visa. No questions are asked, no forms to fill in. They just sell visas to anyone wanting one. It is entirely an "admission fee". Bring US$ to pay for it. That's the easiest currency to use.

Turkey is wonderful.
kencheung

Return to Europe