Visa for Mexico? Underwater museum in Cancun?

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Visa for Mexico? Underwater museum in Cancun?

Postby xmx89 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm off to Mexico on the 13th September and was wondering whether I needed a Visa or an ESTA? Or is there a system where i pay on arrival? I'm from the UK and carry a British passport. If it is pay on arrival, how much is this in GBP?

Also has anyone been to the underwater museum in Cancun? Can you tell me more about this?
I hope it's not the rainy season?...

X
xmx89
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Visa for Mexico? Underwater museum in Cancun?

Postby microfragle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 am

Hi xmx89

With a British passport you do not need a visa to enter Mexico but do require a tourist card, which you get on arrival after completing the immigration forms.

think you will find this website useful

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements.

You only require an ESTA if you are going through the USA, as part of your journey, even if you are just changing planes (in transit) as you have to clear US immigration. Yes a pain I know but it only takes a few minutes online and costs around £10. The official website is below, be careful there alot of others around which charge higher fees

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Sorry no idea about the underwater museum

Microfragle
microfragle
User Rank: Weekender

Postby xmx89 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Thank you :)

I'm lucky enough to have a 10 year visa as I was previously an air hostess! Woo!
xmx89

Postby kate malster » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 pm

HI. I did an ESTA which can be done online. If you read the G-adventure info it says to ask for a 30 day visa when you get to the airport which will be immigration i should imagine. Also i have looked into the water museum. I have heard it is good if you are a certified diver but if only snorkelling then i was told to give it a miss as the statues are deep down and not really seeable. I have booked through CARM tours (google them). They are taking me on a day trip (2 hrs snorkelling at pureto morelos, a trip to El Ray ruins and a look around the markets and cancun for $150USD). For the reassurance that on that day i am by myself i am taking advantage of it and i must say they have been in excellent email contact with me and very professional to deal with. I am doing the CAM tour departing July 27th. What tour are you doing and on what date?
kate malster

Postby dorknerd007 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 am

Hi there,
I'm doing the Mayan Adventure (Code - CAM) on 13 September 2013 and I've been looking into some popular dive locations, such as the underwater museum (MUSA), national marine park in Cancun and Cenotes. With MUSA, some places can take beginner/first time divers along as it is not that deep. I've contacted the better rated Dive/Scuba centres from TripAdvisor. Just make sure they are PADI certified so you can get proper care. I've also heard it's not as busy in September, so you can request a private diver to look after you (and keep any sharks at bay!). Also, make sure their boats have toilets on board, believe me - can't presume anything.
Cheers!
dorknerd007

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean