Costa Rica Quest - Average age

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica Quest - Average age

Postby itfleet » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi all,

for all of you who have been on the Costa Rica Quest tour, what was roughly the mix and average age of the group? We're trying to figure out whether to choose our tour based on dates which are more suitable to us (in that case CRQ would be perfect) or whether we should wait for a YOLO trip (Costa Rica on a Shoestring) on worse dates.
Hence basically if - based on past experience - CRQ doesnt differ too much from a YOLO trip we would prefer to go on that tour (would be end of november period)

Thanks a lot!
itfleet
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Costa Rica Quest - Average age

Postby Janice08 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:02 am

Every group is different. When I did the Costa Rica Quest the group ranged from early 20's to late 40's. The group starting the day we finished appeared to be older. We also did the trip at the end of November. That said, age doesn't make much of a difference. You'll be among others that share your sense of adventure. There are opportunities to go out and party at night if thats what you want to do. Probably not everyone will want to go but I'm sure you won't be the only one. On all the trips I've been on with G Adventures there have been a mix of ages and demographics (couples, friends, parents and adult kids, people travelling alone). Everyone seems to want to get along and do most things together but you can also go off and do your own thing if you choose to.

If the dates for the Costa Rica Quest work better for you, and you like the itinery, then go for it. Also note that the CRQ is a standard trip while the Costa Rica on a Shoestring is a basic trip. That means that on the CRQ you will most likely get better hotels. There are some included activities and depending on your group size, you may get private transportation instead of public.
Janice08
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Costa Rica Quest - Average age

Postby dmucha » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:10 am

I've done a few tours with G Adventures - and there has always been a broad age range, with the average being early twenties to early forties - of course there are always a few outliers - but the adventure-minded all seem to be young at heart. We have had a blast each time! (I just turned 40 - going on 29 - and am bringing my almost to be 18 year old daughter...both of us would be down for most things.) You will have SO much fun either way. Hope this helps!
dmucha

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean