JCS130706 : Central American Journey, July 6th

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

JCS130706 : Central American Journey, July 6th

Postby sadk » Wed May 08, 2013 4:31 am

Hi there!

I'm heading for Mexico on the 4th July to join the trip of Central American Journey starting the 6th of July from Playa del Carmen and ending in San Rose, Costa Rica 32 days later.

If anyone in here is attending to this trip as well please let me know! It would be great to get to know you through this forum, chat or emails before we meet up in Mexico.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Sarah :)
sadk
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: JCS130706 : Central American Journey, July 6th

Postby m011y » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:42 am

Hey!

I have booked on to the Mayan Sun Southboud staring the same date and I think we do the first half of your tour and leave you at Antigua.

Also flying into Mexico on the 4th July. I'm from the UK and travelling alone. What about you?

Very excited for July!

Molly
m011y

Postby sadk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Nice to hear from you Molly!
Yes, I'm travelling alone.
Maybe we could find a hotel/hostel together from 4th of July to 6th of July until the our trip starts?
Does your trip start in Playa del Carmen as well? :)
sadk

Postby m011y » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:53 am

Hey!

I've already booked into a hostel in Cancun for my first couple of nights, but if you fancy staying there too I can send you the details! I'm thinking of visiting Chichen Itza on the 5th for the day if I'm not too tired from the flight. Where will you be flying from?

Yeah my trip starts in Playa del Carmel too, Ill probably head there on the 6th in the afternoon.

Got my pre-trip e-mail today - can't wait!
m011y

Postby readingfcboi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey guys,

I am in Cancun from 4th July and start a different tour to you on 6th July. I am going solo as well if you guys ever need company. I am looking at doing Isla Mujeres on the 5th July, if you're interested.
readingfcboi
User Rank: Weekender

Postby m011y » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Hey!

Ah cool, I was choosing between there and Chichen Itza for the 5th, sadly I don't think there will be time for both in the time I'm there! What tour are you doing?

Are you flying out from the UK on the 4th?
m011y

Postby readingfcboi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Molly,

I am doing the Mayan Adventure Tour which leaves Cancun on 6th July. I leave from London Heathrow on 29th June and I'm spending 5 days in New York and then fly on 4th July to Cancun.

I am doing Chichen Itza on my tour otherwise I'd come along with you. I am staying in the Raddison Hotel Hacienda, is that near where you will be staying?

Regards
Alan
readingfcboi

Postby sadk » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am

Alan: Hi! Great that you've joined the conversation. I hope the three of us can meet up in Cancun.

Molly: It would be really nice to stay with you in Cancun at the hostel you've found! :) So, please send me the details and I'll check if they've got room for me as well.

I travel from Copenhagen to Paris. Paris to Atlanta. Atlanta to Cancun.

I actually have no preferences for the 5th. ;)
sadk

Postby m011y » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi again Sarah! My hostel is called Hostel Mundo Joven in Cancun, booked it via hostelworld.com and went for the female dorm. If you need any more info let me know. If you did want to see Chichen Itza it would be nice to have some company as Im probably going to use public transport to get there but its completely up to you!

Alan, the hostel is apparently 2 blocks away from the ADO bus station in downtown Cancun, maybe we could all meet on the evening of the 5th if you're not too far from us.

Molly
m011y

Postby readingfcboi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:11 am

Hi girls,

Your hostel is just around the corner from my hotel so would be up for meeting on the 5th July in the evening. You can tell me all about Chichen Itza :)
readingfcboi

Postby sadk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:16 am

I've now booked a bed in the female dorm at the Hostel Mundo Joven :) It looks like a really nice place and I've got some friends who says it is a very good hostel with great safety and freindly staff.

When does your flight arrive in Cancun Airport? I should arrive in Cancun 19.42 thursday. We could share a cap if we arrive around the same time. And can I have your Facebook? :)
sadk

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge