Mayan Adventure: transportation & hotels

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Mayan Adventure: transportation & hotels

Postby claver » Wed May 01, 2013 11:08 am

Hi,

I have never been on a G Adventures tour before, but am very excited to have booked on the Mayan Adventure (CAM), leaving for Cancun next week!
I just have a question about the hotels and transportation, as I have no idea what to expect... I know G adventues doesn't give out the names of hotels prior to the tour, but I am just curious what kind of accommodation uses. So if anyone who's been on this tour, remembers names of hotels, I would love to hear from you!
Also, the service level is standard and the description says: Mix of public and private transport. I would really like to know what the public transport on this specific tour is like. How often did you use it and what kind of transport is it? (I'm just slightly worried I'm going to be on a chickenbus for 10 hours, but I might be totally wrong:))

Thanks in advance!

c.
claver
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Mayan Adventure: transportation & hotels

Postby kate malster » Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi
I called the freephone number and they gave me the playa one. on memory it was called the playa del carmen hotel. I have looked up that and the one in cancun...raddisson, I found it useful to read the reviews on Trip Advisor. I do the CAM starting end of july so do let me know how the tour goes, what you did and recommend etc. Somehow managed to find out reviews on the CAM too and people are raving it, also a friend who has done all these places says it is very comprehensive and will have a blast. Have fun ! you can email me at kmalster@adhb.govt.nz
kate malster
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby Zuleika » Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm

search under mayan sun and mayan adventure on here - loads of posts already re transport and hotels
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby GGGFL » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:13 am

I am going July 10th, but I have gone on many G adventures and the hotels are always at least "charming". they give you a feel of the country and are also clean and comfortable. not to worry!
GGGFL

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean