Accomodations for Costa Rica Quest

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Accomodations for Costa Rica Quest

Postby ll44 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:21 pm

I'm curious what the accomodations are like for the Costa Rica quest trip... anyone have details and/or pics?
Thx!
ll44
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Accomodations for Costa Rica Quest

Postby ll44 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:56 pm

Also... how many people do they put in a room?
ll44

Postby ballu » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:06 am

Generally it will be 2 per room. On one of my tours there were 3 of us solo female travellers and in one of the hotels the three of us shared a room for one night (in three single beds). But for the rest of the trip it was 2 per room...which left one of us having their own room (we took turns). They won't match up men and women solo travellers to be roommates. I haven't been to Costa Rica so I can't speak specifically to your tour.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby ll44 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks! There are 3 of us going so far... so I guess we'll "rotate" for rooms unless we add a 4th :)
ll44

Postby dacia48 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 am

Hey!
I just did this trip in March. There was a group of three on my trip, some of the places there was 3 beds in the room but mostly there was a twin and then a separate single room.
The accommodation in San Jose is basic and nothing to write home about, we had to stay at a different hotel after the tour because the original one had no rooms available, but it was to an equally good standard and only a few mins down the road.
La Fortuna hotel was really nice and the staff were really friendly, rooms were nice and spacious too. Moteverde Hotel was 10 mins walk from the town area and the rooms were almost like villas, pretty nice for a budget tour, the room was serviced daily and swans were made out of the towels. Our room had a balcony too. The best accommodation was in Quepos. Beautiful rooms with great beds and nice furnishings. The hotel had a pool and the bar and restaurant had amazing views of the coast. We saw loads of toucans in the tree that surrounded the hotel which was awesome.
Have fun in this trip, I loved my time in Costa Rica! I you have more questions let me know! :)
dacia48
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean