Central American Journey recommendation

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Central American Journey recommendation

Postby shellbee13 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Currently on the last few days of the Central American Journey and just wanted to post for anyone considering this trip....do it! It's been one of the best trips I've ever done, full of fun, adventure and definitely something for everyone. The CEO's are amazing, extremely knowledgable and always willing to help, and never without a smile. I hope if you book this trip your lucky enough to get either Rafa or Liza as a guide too, even with the odd hiccup they keep spirits up and make the trip fun, just like travelling with your mates. I'd definitely recommend snorkelling in Caye Caulker, caving in San ignacio and the home stays are just so much fun! Can't wait to book my next trip with G and just hope it will be as good as this one!
shellbee13
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Central American Journey recommendation

Postby martine9 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am

Great to hear you had such an amazing time Shellbee! Am hoping to go on this tour later in the year and had a few questions: what was the age range of people on this tour? I know it's marketed to the younger crowd but was everyone in their 20's? Also, does everyone get dressed up to go out for dinner? I don't want to unnecessarily haul around heels and makeup but also don't want to be stuck in a grubby tshirt if everyone else is looking nice.
martine9

Postby shellbee13 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Age ranges were mainly 20's and 30's, i'm 34, id say most people were in their 20's but not all 21! we had 2 older people too in their 60's. The group was great, we all got along really well, the trip is made up of 2 seperate ones though so half way through we had some leave and new ones join which is s bit strange as you all get so close in such a short time. The first part is probably more when you would dress up, unless you can walk in dirt tracks and cobbles in heels then I wouldn't bother! The girls all had a couple of going out outfits and a little bit of make up but flats were fine! It's so much fun, there really is so many different things you can do and it really is well organised....I'm so jealous, I want to do it again!!!
shellbee13

Postby martine9 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:40 am

A broken tailbone on the wet streets of Dublin made me realise that heels and cobblestones (and Guinness) don't mix, lol.
Thanks for the response... while I think of myself as ONLY 42, I have a small worry that I'll be the "old fogey" of the trip but it sounds like I'll be able to share some amazing experiences with everyone no matter what the age gap - this trip, as well as the Mexico and Panama sections I hope to do, just looks too good to miss!
martine9

Postby rtp88 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Thank you for posting this! I fly out on May 5th for the Backroads tour and I am so excited! People never had a bad word to say about the CEO's and they all say the tours have something for everyone. Can't wait! :D
rtp88

Postby americanwithapassport » Sun May 26, 2013 4:01 pm

shellbee13 wrote:Currently on the last few days of the Central American Journey and just wanted to post for anyone considering this trip....do it! It's been one of the best trips I've ever done, full of fun, adventure and definitely something for everyone. The CEO's are amazing, extremely knowledgable and always willing to help, and never without a smile. I hope if you book this trip your lucky enough to get either Rafa or Liza as a guide too, even with the odd hiccup they keep spirits up and make the trip fun, just like travelling with your mates. I'd definitely recommend snorkelling in Caye Caulker, caving in San ignacio and the home stays are just so much fun! Can't wait to book my next trip with G and just hope it will be as good as this one!

This is my first YOLO trip. I'm going on the same trip on 6/15. The packing list has hiking pants, what's your take on bringing them? I'm trying to pack as light as possible.

What was the typical luggage that people brought? I'm planning on a 90L luggage w/ daypack, but may pack lighter depending on how much is necessary.

Also, were there nights where collared shirts were needed?
americanwithapassport

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean