Costa Rica

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica

Postby b.c.islandgirl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi I am travelling from Canada on the Cost Rica Quest.
Does any one know what are the names of the lodging. I would like too google them. :? Thanks
b.c.islandgirl
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Costa Rica

Postby shawroden » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi.

We are on the trip now. In Fortuna it was Las Cabinitas, Monteverde is Hotel Cipreses and in Manuel Antonio it is Hotel California. Bear in mind they don't always use the same hotels but it will give you an idea of style and level.

Enjoy!
shawroden
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby rustykh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Islandgirl
I was on CRQ last April and our hotel In La Fortuna was the La Fortuna Inn. We also stayed at Hotel Cipreses and Hotel California. I was curious about this as well before we left but had no complaints and they obviously work well if they are continuing to use the same hotels.
You will have a blast
Cheers,
rustykh

Postby derinda » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Thank you Shawroden, and Rustykm, is there any little secret gem I may wish too know in advance about this adventure. ie things too see, do or places too eat. Iam already signed on for the adrenaline pack either of you do that?
Thanks for a reply
derinda

Postby rustykh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi Derinda
One of the highlights was also one of the cheapest. One kilometer south of La Fortuna is a local waterhole called El Salto(the jump). This is downstream from the La Fortuna Waterfall (also recommended and just a short taxi ride from town) and just a couple hundred meters from the road. They have a tarzan swing into a pool below some rapids and its free. Google El Salto swimming hole. You can take a taxi there and then just walk back to town.
In Monteverde/Santa Elena I would recommend the night hike. Very cool sights, sounds and smells walking through the jungle in the dark. You already know about the zip lining etc..
At Manuel Antonio, your hotel will probably be in between the two towns. The buses run back and forth and are inexpensive. In Quepos Cafe Milagro is a great breakfast spot (papaya crepes with blackberry sauce) with amazing coffee and good local restaurant in Manuel Antonio is the Marlin. Good spot to stop after being at the park.Make sure to try the GUANABANA and the CAS juice.
Cheers,
rustykh

Costa Rica Active Adventure (CRSM)

Postby life.love » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Just wondering if anyone has done this tour and what they thought of it. Also does anyone know the hotel name that the group will be staying in?
Thank you :) !
life.love

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean