Arriving on the first day? (Basic Costa Rica)

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Arriving on the first day? (Basic Costa Rica)

Postby havetowel,willtravel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:45 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm hoping to join the Basic Costa Rica trip next month, due to timings of flights I had originally planned to arrive at the check-in hotel the night before day 1 of the trip. However, I have now found a cheaper flight which arrives at San Jose at around lunchtime of day 1. As I understand it, on the Basic Costa Rica tour the first day is only a joining day, and that as long as you are there before the start of the evening briefing you can arrive any time that you like.

Would anyone who has been on this tour be able to give me some advice about when most people tend to arrive- is it the night before or on the day itself? On the one hand if I arrive the night before there won't be any problems if the flight is delayed etc, however it is considerably cheaper to arrive on the day itself! Any replies much appreciated :)
havetowel,willtravel
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Arriving on the first day? (Basic Costa Rica)

Postby ballu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:08 pm

I haven't done this tour but...

My personal preference is to get there the day before day 1 arrival day...but many others arrive on day 1 with no problems. The evening briefing isn't usually until 7ish. And sometimes travellers get there later than that and miss the meeting. As long as you're there before you leave San Jose on day 2, you'll be fine!
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean