Costa Rica Adventure

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica Adventure

Postby cathy_kc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I am from Canada and just book this trip CRA on Feb 4th. This is the first time I travel with GAP (although several friends have made recommendation of GAP). I am excited but also a little worry. Does anyone have experience with this trip ? Anyone book the same trip ?
Thanks
cathy_kc
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Costa Rica Adventure

Postby dalene » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am traveling with my partner Susan. We are from southern New Mexico and this is our first group trip, and first trip to Costa Rica. We are almost retired :) and enjoy the outdoors: kayaking, birdwatching, hiking. We especially enjoy meeting people from different cultures and countries. We are familiar with northeastern Canada, having lived in New England for many years, and loved our stay on Vancouver Island. I think we will have a great time together on this adventure! We arrive on the evening of Fri. Jan. 4 and are also booked at the Torremolinos.
dalene

Re: Costa Rica Adventure

Postby ciarabuckley3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi there

I did this trip on my own in Oct 12 traveling from Ireland and really enjoyed it. There is a good mix of activities, wildlife and sights and you will never be bored. We had a great group of 15 mostly people traveling on their own as well so there was always someone new to chat to.

Couple of recommendations:
Waterproof shoes for white water rafting and canyoneering
Quick drying clothes like lycra shorts and vests are handy for the white water rafting and canyoneering
A Rain jacket is essential!

lots of highlights and great laughs!
Enjoy
ciarabuckley3

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean