What to wear - cuba colonial

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

What to wear - cuba colonial

Postby mommadoc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi, doing Cuba Colonial in December As a seasoned G adventures traveler, I have my normal minimalist , somewhat grubby packing list, (ie: windbreaker that folds into the pocket) but from what I am reading, grubby doesn't cut it in Cuba. They are big on feminine. I have a dress and a skirt for night, can I wear lose cool pants during the day, what kind of jacket for cool evenings.... how cool does it get, and how much rain? Thanks.
mommadoc
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: What to wear - cuba colonial

Postby debandpat123 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:22 am

hola mommadoc... from what i have read i don't own clothing similar to the type the cuban women may be wearing, so i'll just take my comfy old favorites. high temps should be 70s or low 80s, and lows should be in the 60s? we're from denver so i'm not too worried about getting cold. :) i guess there is always the possibility of rain, but as i understand from what i've read, it should be minimal. see you soon, d&p
debandpat123
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby mol » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Deb, I just logged in to wish you a happy holiday in Cuba! You are going to have a great time.
Re. clothing - I used to wear shorts and t-shirts during the day. It is hot and humid. At night you can dress up a bit to enjoy the dancing in a Casa de Musica :D
mol
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby debandpat123 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 am

hi mol, thank you so much! happy holidays to you, and happy travels! deb
debandpat123

Postby desiree2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:59 am

Still got your crocs, Deb? :)
desiree2
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby debandpat123 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:21 pm

of COURSE i do, desiree! i'm on about my 10th pair though, and they keep getting cuter yet still practical. :) (although i probably don't have to worry about a cow pooping on my foot in cuba.) wish you were coming with us! d&p
debandpat123

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean