Costa Rica Questions...

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica Questions...

Postby lisaj76 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi,

I'm doing the Costa Rica Quest starting on Oct 23 and have a few questions for anyone who has been on this trip...

1. I'm meeting up with the group at the Days Hotel (formerly Centro Colon) - how much is a cab from the airport to the hotel?

2. Has anyone come across bed bugs? I haven't read much about them, but I'm considering getting a silk sleep sheet just in case. Has anyone ever used one? I don't even know how effective one would be?

3. Can anyone tell me the names of the other hotels we'll likely be staying at in Arenal, Monteverde, and Quepos?

Thank you!
Lisa :)
lisaj76
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Costa Rica Questions...

Postby coqui14 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 am

How are you? The orange cab from the airport to the "Centro Colon" will be around $20.00.

Bedbugs... I believe your silk sheet won't help you, maybe would make u carry bedbugs to other places as the little creatues will travel with you. Bedbugs are prevalent in the midle east but they are becoming a problem in USA and everywhere in the world. Many New York stores had to close recently due to the infestation. Many hotels from budget to the 5* are having problems with the pest. Remember, bedbugs do not carry any diseases.

Is hard to tell you what hotels are you going to stay as GAP change hotels depending of availability.

Hope this will help

J
coqui14
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Re: Costa Rica Questions...

Postby lisaj76 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks for the info "J" :)

Did you do Costa Rica Quest? Any tips?
lisaj76