Checking in to the joining hotel

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Checking in to the joining hotel

Postby katb » Mon May 03, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm doing the JXP trip starting in Mexico City in June and as I arrive in the country the day before the tour starts I have booked an extra night in the joining hotel. I was just wondering at what point on day 1 of a tour people usually check into their hotel? Is it after the arrival meeting? Only reason is that as I'll be travelling solo I will be matched up with a roommate so just wondered if this is pre-arranged and the hotel already know which room I will be in (and I can get checked out of my previous room and into the new one) or is it sorted out after the meeting and I need to keep hold of my luggage somehow before then?

Thanks

Kat
katb
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Checking in to the joining hotel

Postby Zuleika » Mon May 03, 2010 2:30 pm

When I went to Mexico it was all prearranged. When I got to my hotel room my roomie had already been there a few days.
However when I went to China it was a different story and I had to move rooms after my own night of pre booking.
However, either way, it doesnt really matter when you get to the hotel just state that you are on a GAP tour and the starting date and they have it all organised what they will want to do with you - it really isnt a problem. Your hotel will tell you what to do either way - no worries.

The other members of your group can check in at any time of day or night and are usually coming form all corners of the globe - however most people do try to get there before the welcome meeting.
Details of your welcome meeting will be found at reception - no problem!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby katb » Mon May 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to know the hotel should have it all sorted, it's just one less thing for me to worry about!!
katb

Postby Zuleika » Mon May 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Dont forget your voucher from GAP if you booked the extra night through them!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean