Costa Rica - what clothing to bring?

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica - what clothing to bring?

Postby envirochick72 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Hello,

So my husband and I are heading out in March 2010 and we are unsure which kind of clothing to bring. We are used hiking more in the fall so we just want to make sure that we have our basics covered.

We are not sure what kind of tops to bring as we are used to layering for warmth. We are bringing t shirts but should we stick to cotton (light weight) or go with the gear side of clothing with moisture wicking products. What has worked for you?

We have 4 pairs of pants, two of which are convertible into shorts along with two shorts each.

We are planning on bringing one fleece, light weight, sweater and another zip up cotton hoodie. Any other suggestions?

I am also wondering if there is a good type of hiking sock for the warm weather, once again we usually do our hiking in 6 degree weather.

We are up for any and all suggestions as we just wont to be prepared for our first real travelling trip.
We are doing the Costa Rica Explorer trip on March 7th. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
envirochick72
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Costa Rica - what clothing to bring?

Postby eric » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 am

Hi,

Cotton clothes will be very difficult to dry. Bring the quick dry / moisture wicking items.

Regards

Eric / London / England
eric
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean