Costa Rica Adventure VS. Costa Rica Hike, Bike, & Raft

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica Adventure VS. Costa Rica Hike, Bike, & Raft

Postby doraaman83 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 am

I am trying to decide which vacation to book. Both sound nice. Any opinions? I want adventure and it seems like the Hike, Bike, and Raft would be ideal and my first choice...but the Adventure has more dates available that will fit my schedule. Is the adventure scale on the Adventure trip up there with the Hike, Bike, and Raft trip?

Thanks!
doraaman83
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Costa Rica Adventure VS. Costa Rica Hike, Bike, & Raft

Postby Reditor » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:30 am

Tough choice there doraaman83!
If you want "action" then the Hike Bike Raft is the way to go, but if you want adventure and enjoy doing active things the CRA offers a lot of options. That is the main difference CRA has options (so you have to pay for what you want to do) for kayaking, zip lining, rafting, body surfing, surfing, snorkelling etc. The CHB includes the rafting, biking and a special hiking tour.

If you go "all out" you can pack in almost all the same action on the CRA trip with the exception of the hiking in the private reserve. So add up the costs for everything and perhaps the CHB will come out as more affordable based on what you want to do.

Either trip is great! For me...I prefer the variety of the CRA tour.
The Gap Adventures Difference. It's more than just Lifetime Deposits and Guaranteed Departures:
Why travel with Gap Adventures

Are you signed up for bridging the gap, our inspiring travel newsletter?
Reditor
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean