Back roads of Central America - CRBR - 18th Dec 13

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Back roads of Central America - CRBR - 18th Dec 13

Postby alabama-on-tour » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:47 am

Hi

Myself and a friend are booked onto this trip.

If you are too, get in touch

Thanks
alabama-on-tour
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Back roads of Central America - CRBR - 18th Dec 13

Postby edna787 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:36 am

Hey Alabama

I've just booked on this trip! 18th Dec! So excited!

It's just me booked on at the mo, I'm from the UK, you username must mean you're from the US?! :D

Speak soon!
edna787
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby alabama-on-tour » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:35 am

Hello!!

Good to hear from someone else on the trip. I am travelling with my friend Jess. We're 2 ladies in our early 30's. We are from the UK too, the nickname has a looooong story. We both live in Portsmouth on the South Coast.

I've travelled with G Adventures, quite a few times now but never to Central America. How about you?

Cheers
Amy
alabama-on-tour

Postby edna » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:12 am

Hi Amy,

Good to hear from you! No never travelled with G before, this will be my first, friends have recommended it though so thought I'd give it a go! G must be good if you've already travelled a few times with them already?! Hmmm sounds like there is an interesting story there on the name...!

I'm based in North London and I'm a girl in my mid thirties so am really pleased I have two ladies to travel with! Have you started a packing list yet, assume it's backpack all the way?
edna

Postby alabama-on-tour » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:51 am

I've not started my packing list yet but I tend to travel light light light with a Backpack. I usually take clothes I can layer and mix and match, one pair of pumps, one pair of flip-flops and a hoodie.

This is my 5th trip with G, so getting well travelled now. I continue to use them as the service is excellent, I dont have to plan too much (bit lazy & disorganised) and you get to do things that would be impossible on your own.

This is the first trip G trip for my friend though.

I dont really know too much about Central America but people have reported good things and I am excited for the Volcanoes!!! I like a bit of a surprise. What have you heard?
alabama-on-tour

Postby edna » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:55 pm

The volcanoes sound awesome don't they, I really want to do Volcano surfing! Will defo be doing all the activities like zip lining and repelling down waterfalls, what about you? My friends who recommended G did Costa Rica only last year, they've recommended the sloth tour! yep seriously there is a sloth tour! Not sure if we will come across that on ours, I will get more detail and report back! :-)

Yeah that's what I liked about G too, just book your flight and rock up, they do the rest! and like you say, it's not that easy travelling to these kind of destinations on your own so this is ideal.

Can I ask how many litres is your backpack? I will prob need to be ruthless with my packing as I want to travel light too. Temp looks like it's going to be steady mid twenties so that should hopefully help with the selection.
edna

Postby chris_betthel » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:15 am

Hey, guys I just booked myself on this trip as well, looking for to it all I am Canadian though hope that's not going upset you guys ( just joking we are loved everywhere or almost) anyways this will be my second trip g did the great South American journey last year and loved it! Only did the 42 day tour though should have did 80 day one but then again vacations are never long enough :) my name is chris, I am in my early 20's. looking forward to seeing you guys down there!
chris_betthel

Postby vagabond333 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey everyone!

My friend and I will be going on this trip too. My name is Bryan and I'm in my early 30's. I'm from the US and live in Kansas at the moment. I've never done a trip with G Adventures, but I've heard great things about it. Central America sounds amazing. I can't wait!
vagabond333

Postby edna » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Hey Chris and Bryan,

Great to have three more on board! Chris, I won't hold being Canadian against you! :-) So what made you guys decide on Central America? I can't wait either, the variety of the trip made the decision for me and it's also going to be great being somewhere hot over Christmas and NY! Are you guys up for some volcano surfing on Christmas Day?! :-)

What time are you guys arriving into SJ? I'm actually due to arrive after the G meeting, (the only flight times left avail) so I will be the girl who's late arriving!

Looking forward to meeting everyone there. In the meantime, any packing tips to share?! I've been researching lots, assume a 50L backpack is big enough for 17 days?
edna

Postby frankie84 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi guys,
My friend Yasamin and I are booked for this trip as well.
We are super excited !!! We're almost 30 and we're looking forward to welcoming this milestone of our lives by this adventure!
We'll arrive late on 18th as well. So 2 more girls arriving late ;)
Looking forward to meet you all !
frankie84

Postby edna » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi Frankie, (sorry making the assumption that's your name?) are you from the UK? We may be on the same flight? I'm flying from Heathrow connecting in JFK on the way out and connecting in Dallas on the way back. :-)
edna

Postby vagabond333 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:35 pm

I chose the trip for the variety of countries and stuff to do and I've always wanted to go to Central America. Plus the opertunity to spend Christmas and New Years there was just too good to pass up! I get in late on the 18th as well at around 9pm. I've never surfed before, but definitely would like to try it.
vagabond333

Postby frankie84 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey edna :)
Frankie is my nickname ;)
I'm flying from Montreal, Canada.
Yasamin added the trip on G facebook page, so we can all connect there :)
https://www.facebook.com/gadventures?v= ... meet-12865
frankie84

Postby bela200 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi guys,
My names Bela I'm meeting up with me friend Bryan for this trip. This will be my first with G adventures, but I'm really excited to be spending the holidays in Central America with what sounds like some fun people :D I'm from the US in Washington state male and in my late 20's. I couldn't find the trip on G's Facebook. An tips on what section it's in?

Bela
bela200

Postby frankie84 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 am

Hey Bela,
Welcome on board ;)
To find the trip on facebook page. You need to go on the meet-up and then you'll find Backroad of Central America trip.
Excited to see you all :D
frankie84

Next

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge