Antarctica classic 28 Nov

Meet travelling companions booked on G Adventures trips departing in November

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Antarctica classic 28 Nov

Postby jessv » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:07 pm

carah70 wrote:Thanks for your comments jessv about the helicopter. I have emailed them to book my place.

I looked at trips to the national park but due to my arrival time, this wasn't possible. The chairlift to the glacier looks good and an incredible view over Ushuaia - I looked at doing this too. There certainly is more to do in Ushuaia than one would first think.

I haven't been to Argentina before either, and to be honest South America doesn't appear on my todo list at all, so this trip is making me explore beyond what I would have planned to do and the more I find out about things online, the more excited I get about it.

I would love to have a night out with you all on Fri night. I think Argentineans are big on their beef, so we'll have to find somewhere that does veggie food too! There is an irish bar their that appears to be popular too. Are you both drinkers? I will try most things, but I'm not a big drinker ... cannot face the hangovers anymore.

I hope to get a trip to the museum and a general look around Ushuaia whilst there.

I think I should go to the library for a book about Scott, good idea jessv

What flight route do you take from Sydney varshasivalingam? May I ask do you have a first name? apologies if your username is your first name (I can often put my foot in it)

I arrive late Wednesday so will ask for some recommendations for where we should all go for dinner on the Friday night. I am sure we can find somewhere that does Veggie food for you Carah. I dont drink alcohol (so definately not a big drinker!). I am not the most adventorous person when it comes to food, but I will definately try and see what authentic food I can try.

I travelled to South America for the first time last year - I hiked the inca trail and visited the Galapagos. It definately left me wanting to head back there soon. I would love to spend a few months travelling around from country to country exploring each new place. It wasnt a place I had thought of visiting until I went last year, but now I cant wait to head back :)
jessv
User Rank: Weekender

Postby varshasivalingam » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:49 pm

What flight route do you take from Sydney varshasivalingam? May I ask do you have a first name? apologies if your username is your first name (I can often put my foot in it)[/quote]

Its a Quantas/LAN flight straight from sydney to Santiago and then I catch a connecting to Buenos Aires.

My first name is Varsha, Last name Sivalingam.

My emails varshasivalingam@hotmail.com if you have Facebook.

Definately keen for some more steak !

I also went to the Galapagos last year with G, it was amazing !
varshasivalingam
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby carah70 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:27 am

Hi everyone

I've created a group on facebook. If you are booked on this trip and would like to connect with people before we sail then please come find us. Just search for MS Expedition 28 Nov 14 on facebook (I'm new to setting up groups, so hopefully you will be able to find it), let me know here if you cant.

It is a closed group, so all messages posted on the group can only be viewed by those who are members of the group :)
carah70

Postby jessv » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:41 am

Thanks for setting up a group on facebook Carah. I have had a look and I cant seem to find it - can you confirm the exact name again and ill have another look? Thanks! :)
jessv

Postby carah70 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi Jess

Its called ms expedition 28 nov 14

Hopefully you can find it. I've search for it and can find it, but that is maybe because I am already in the group. varshasivalingam is in the group but that is because she gaves us her email address before, so I could send her a request to join. It's the first time i've set up a group, have checked the settings and it should be viewable.

Hope you can find it.
carah70

Postby carah70 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Or try facebook.com/groups/msexpedition28nov14
carah70

Postby carah70 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:07 pm

I think I have found the answer Jess - after much searching on the internet, I think the group has to be 'open' and not closed.

We can only become a closed group when there are 250 members, um, think that is going to be impossible!

Now the group is open, it means all comments made on the page are viewable to non-members as well, but I hope that wont stop people joining
carah70

Postby team4jinx » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:35 am

Hi -
My name is Erin and I am also on the 28 November trip. I am travelling with 3 friends. While we are not travelling solo, we are interested in meeting other fun people on the trip. We're all planning to kayak and camp. I'm still figuring out flights. I plan to spend a couple nights in BA before the trip, and have not yet decided whether to do an extra night in Ushuaia. I think it's time to get serious on the planning!
Erin
team4jinx

Postby emilyzac » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm another solo traveler in the quad room going on the Antarctica Classic trip. I'm so glad to see other solo female travelers! All my friends and family seem to think I'm crazy for doing it. I'm from the U.S. flying into Buenos Aires, wish I could say I had extra time to explore in Argentina, BA or Ushuaia but I only just had enough time off from work to go on this trip. Have any of you guys used G Adventures before? I'm very excited and a little nervous.
emilyzac

Postby jessv » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:08 pm

emilyzac wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm another solo traveler in the quad room going on the Antarctica Classic trip. I'm so glad to see other solo female travelers! All my friends and family seem to think I'm crazy for doing it. I'm from the U.S. flying into Buenos Aires, wish I could say I had extra time to explore in Argentina, BA or Ushuaia but I only just had enough time off from work to go on this trip. Have any of you guys used G Adventures before? I'm very excited and a little nervous.

Hi Emily! Welcome, it's so nice to hear from another traveller :D People also think I'm crazy when I tell them I'm going to Antarctica on my own :) I used gadventures last year when I went to South America - would definately recommend then from that trip. Lots of people on that trip had used gadventures multi times which is good.

Cara kindly set up a Facebook group if you want to join it. Are you doing the camping or kayaking whilst on the trip? I'm doing the camping - and very excited :D
jessv

Postby jf94ay » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:15 pm

Add me to the list of solo travelers on this trip! Very excited - will search out the facebook group now. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
jf94ay

Previous

Return to November