Australia in Style 17th Nov

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Australia in Style 17th Nov

Postby ljd » Thu May 23, 2013 7:44 am

Hi Everyone,

I have just booked up for the Australia in Style tour dept Nov 17th, very excited!

If you have booked up for this, would be great to hear from you in advance of the trip :D

Hopefully speak soon,
Laura
ljd
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Australia in Style 17th Nov

Postby true blue » Tue May 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi,
I am also booked on this trip and already far to excited! I have been debating posting on here for a while now and seeing your post pushed me to. I am travelling to Australia from England and am arriving in Sydney the week before the trip begins.

Joanne :D
true blue

Postby ljd » Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 am

Hi Joanne!

Great to hear from you!

I am leaving from Scotland on the 14th of Nov so you will be a pro re Oz life by the time I arrive!

Are you a solo traveller? This is my first solo adventure so a little nervous as well as excited of course

Laura
ljd

Postby true blue » Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 am

Hi,
I am also travelling alone but this its not my first trip to Australia. I also did another trip in 2008. I have to admit that travelling alone for me is great as you don't need to worry about anyone else and meet lots of new and interesting people from all sides of the world..

How long are you staying in the country I have a week in Melbourne once we finish and travel home on the 16th. Well im suppose to be who knows with a 3 month visa!!!!!!
true blue

Postby ljd » Fri May 31, 2013 11:04 am

I am only arriving a couple of days before the tour and leaving a couple of days after due to work commitments....it will certainly be a whistle stop tour!

Have you been on a G adventures trip before?

Laura
ljd

Postby true blue » Fri May 31, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi Laura,

No last time i did a Contiki trip called Aussie Explorer. Got to say this one sounds far better than that one though! Ah those work commitments always seem to get in the way don't they!! (I will be taking a Sabbatical then so I'm quite lucky that way)

Are you staying at the hotel were we start in sydney? I will be moving into that hotel a couple of days before.

Joanne
true blue

Postby ljd » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 am

Lucky you indeed, wish I had thought of that :-)

I will be arriving the morning before the trip to that hotel....

I literally have no idea what to bring with me - are you taking a back pack instead of a suitcase? Is 85L too much for 3 weeks? ....Also I hate to sound like a girl but re clothes, how sporty/ outdoorsy do you think these needs to be? ....Clueless is not the word! So any advice you have would be much appreciated !

Laura
ljd

Postby true blue » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi,

If you look at the trip details on this website I'm sure you will find a guide on what to take. Im taking a backpack kind of bag (it can go on your back but you can also wheel it about) Not sure about the size of it but think its similar to 85L not to big and not to small.

When you are asking about what kind of clothes take what your comfy in!!! Would advise you to get some walking shoes though. Wouldn't worry to much about it if you find you need something you haven't got when you arrive theirs plenty of shops that will be able to help you out! Like i say look at the tour details and you should have a better idea.

If you need any more help just let me know! I'm not a pro but will help where i can!

Jo
true blue

Postby shanmac55 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 am

HI Everyone!
I'm booked for the November Australia in Style trip too! I'm very excited, but honestly a bit nervous as this is my first time travelling alone....let alone for almost a month! I'm arriving a day early so that I can do the Harbour Bridge Climb, but haven't decided where i'll stay....Bondi beach looks amazing!!!

Shannon
shanmac55

Postby ljd » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:51 am

Thanks for the advice Jo, I will have to study the info in more detail!

Hi Shannon, great to hear from another fellow traveller!

Don't worry, it's my first time travelling solo too so I am sure we will get the hang of it :-)

I am staying in the hotel we start the tour in the day before also. Are you travelling from the UK?

Laura
ljd

Postby shanmac55 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Laura,
I'm travelling from Toronto, and I think my flight arrives at 1030am the morning of the 16th. I haven't booked my extra night hotel stay yet, I'm considering finding a place on Bondi beach for the night....I'm trying to pack as much in as possible!!! :)

Shannon
shanmac55

Postby true blue » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi

No problem Laura.

Nice to hear from you Shannon.

I was pretty nervous and scared the first time I travelled alone I'm sure you will both get the hang of it in no time!! Anyway you won't be alone for long you will have the rest of us on the trip to put up with!!! :D
Jo
true blue

Postby ljd » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi Girls!

Not long to go now, 2 weeks tomorrow and getting very excited!

I have booked in to the hotel a night before on the 16th, so if any of you around and would like to meet up, PM me and we can exchange contact details

Otherwise, see you soon!

Laura
ljd

Postby shanmac55 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Laura,

I've done the same....and am staying in the same hotel that we start off the tour in.
I'd love to have someone to walk the city with....I tried to message you but it didn't work.
Maybe you can try messaging me?

See you soon!

Shannon
shanmac55

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge