Sydney Recommendations?

Discover the Alpine scenery, great walks and Maori culture of New Zealand. Learn about ancient aboriginal cultures, remote islands, endemic wildlife, vast deserts and stunning beaches of Australia. Delve into the diverse islands, peoples, landscapes and festivals of the paradise known as the South Pacific.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Sydney Recommendations?

Postby j.bear » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi, All—

I'm going on one of the NZ tours offered in August, but at the end, I'll be flying to Sydney on a Saturday morning, then leaving from Sydney on Sunday late afternoon of that same weekend. This gives me almost 2 full days in Sydney... and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to sights to see, activities to do, food to eat, etc., that I could fit in over those two days. I'm considering the bridge climb, but I don't want to book in advance and risk bad weather... suffice to say, I'm very open to suggestions that anyone might have and be willing to offer!

Additionally, I'm looking into hostels, so if anyone is willing to recommend a hostel to me, I'd be very appreciative!
j.bear
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Sydney Recommendations?

Postby nicstar169 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:31 am

Hi.

A great hostel to stay at the the Sydney YHA at the Rocks. It's literally a 5 minute walk to the Rocks area which has great places to eat, and its just up the road from the Bridge and near the Opera House. The rooms were clean and its on an archaelogical dig site which is pretty cool!

Depending on what type of activities you are looking to do, you can purchase a 5 attractions pass (or limit to which attractions you wish to visit) which gets you into Madame Tussards, the wildlife park, and aquarium at Darling Harbour, the Sydney Tower and another aquarium place. Depending on the number of attractions you want to visit, you can get discounted tickets.

If you are unsure about the bridge climb, there is a pylon museum which you can visit. And of course, the Opera House!!

:)
nicstar169

Re: Sydney Recommendations?

Postby 3ce64c66568cd43d60a9be979e99d6 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:03 am

Sydney’s a great city for both kids and adults to explore. With so much on this season, bring the entire family along for an unforgettable summer holiday. From beaches and water sports to aquariums, museums, zoos and amusement parks, you’ll want your summer holidays in Sydney to never end!
3ce64c66568cd43d60a9be979e99d6

Return to New Zealand, Australia & the South Pacific