Touring around Queensland

Discover the Alpine scenery, great walks and Maori culture of New Zealand. Learn about ancient aboriginal cultures, remote islands, endemic wildlife, vast deserts and stunning beaches of Australia. Delve into the diverse islands, peoples, landscapes and festivals of the paradise known as the South Pacific.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Touring around Queensland

Postby explorer_oz123 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 am

I’m planning a trip to Burleigh Heads in Queensland. If anyone knows anything about this area and could give me some tips, it’d be great! Cheers!
explorer_oz123
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Touring around Queensland

Postby desiree2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi
Burleigh Heads is on Queensland's Gold Coast and close to lots of touristy things - great beaches, nightlife, theme parks etc. It's a bit south of Surfers Paradise which is the 'heart' of the Gold Coast and therefore a little quieter and less crowded but that's a good thing in my opinion.
Desiree
desiree2
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby explorer_oz123 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks for your reply. We are up there next week so I hope the weather holds. A few days ago it was really warm.
explorer_oz123

Postby AdamfromCanada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:50 pm

explorer_oz123 wrote:Thanks for your reply. We are up there next week so I hope the weather holds. A few days ago it was really warm.

If you ever check the website now, what did you do while you were there?

I will be in Australia in April, travelling by road from Brisbane to Cairns over 11 days. So far, we don't have much of a plan besides grabbing our campervan in Bris and heading north. I really want to spend a little time on the Great Barrier Reef, and hopefully find some wildlife, but I'm unsure as to where all we're going to stop.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Feel free to check out my travels on http://www.adammallonphotography.com
AdamfromCanada
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to New Zealand, Australia & the South Pacific