New Zealand Kiwi Experience..Yay or Nay?

Discover the Alpine scenery, great walks and Maori culture of New Zealand. Learn about ancient aboriginal cultures, remote islands, endemic wildlife, vast deserts and stunning beaches of Australia. Delve into the diverse islands, peoples, landscapes and festivals of the paradise known as the South Pacific.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

New Zealand Kiwi Experience..Yay or Nay?

Postby alicegiles » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 am

Hey everyone

Anyone got any advice on whether or not to go with the Kiwi Experience to get around NL or an alternative means of transport such as Camper van or a cheaper way? Is the Kiwi worth the money?
Is it full of 18 year olds wanting to s*** around (Thats what ive heard)

Thanks
alicegiles
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: New Zealand Kiwi Experience..Yay or Nay?

Postby georginal » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:05 pm

If this answer is not too late your other alternative is to try Stray. It's the other hop-on-hop-off bus and they're market is the older ones I say that meaning older as in 20's plus.
georginal
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby TravelFun » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:13 am

I went with Magic Bus and they were good. Did meet the Kiwi and Stray buses at certain places and they were full of party-goers but then again it depends on what you want to do. All the buses pretty much do similar routes, full of independant travellers and you can do things on your own or hook up with others on the way.

I'd recommend to go with the company that does your preferred route. Do check this carefully because buses don't run everyday and you could end up in a place for 3 days if it's not what you want. This is one limitaton I found.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Postby christvdm » Mon May 05, 2014 6:45 am

I just came back from Australia & New Zealand end of march and I travelled there for 3 months ! I used Stray (I'm 28) and I can only recommend them highly ! The Itineraries are great, slightly more expensive than Kiwi but at the same time and this was said above, it's meant for people a little bit more mature, the average in our bus was between 24 and 30 with some 21-23 year old who fitted in perfectly and also a couple of men and women of 50-60 year olds that were super nice as well ! We saw Kiwis many times and even their bus drivers were drunk most of the time ! They just mean to do that, drink all the time and sex ! With Stray, we partied a few times but it's really up to you and if you don't want to, there's no pressure either ;-). Anyway you go, you're gonna have a blast as it's one of the most beautiful countries in the world !! Especially the south island !

Cheers,

Chris
christvdm
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to New Zealand, Australia & the South Pacific