Trekking in Tuscany, Sept 20 2014

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Trekking in Tuscany, Sept 20 2014

Postby mariemb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:36 am

Hi-looking forward to meeting everyone Trekking in Tuscany in a month! I'm getting to Rome a few days early and I was wondering if anyone else from the tour would be there?
mariemb
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Trekking in Tuscany, Sept 20 2014

Postby robbie_munger » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi

I will also be arriving early. I am planning to trek round Mont Blanc beginning Sept 8 and work my way to Rome on Sept 17. I have booked a couple bicycle tours with topbikerental.com for the 18th and 19th (Ancient Appian Way, Rome in One Day). I'll be staying at Delle Vittorie Hotel. I would enjoy connecting along the way.

Best,
Robbie
robbie_munger

Postby mariemb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi Robbie,

I will be arriving in Rome the morning of Sept 18th. I planned on exploring some of the city by foot, but would not mind meeting up at some point. I will be staying at "Nazional Rooms" prior to meeting up with the rest of the group on the 20th. If I have looked up your hotel correctly, it is about 30 minutes away via public transportation, however I will be spending most of my time out and about.

Cheryl
mariemb

Postby rahrahnica » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi! I don't get there until the 20th. My flight arrives at 7:35 a.m. but would love to meet up for a few hours to walk around before we meet up with the group that day if possible. :)

Can't wait. I'm really excited. 15 days 'til departure!

-Veronica
rahrahnica

Postby mariemb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Veronica,

I'm sure we will be able to meet up earlier, I will be exploring and would love company! I'm not sure the easiest way to do this, does anyone have any ideas? Possibly e-mail as we may have access to wifi in certain locations?

Cheryl
mariemb

Postby robbie_munger » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi Cheryl and Veronica

Here is a suggestion. We meet in the center of Piazza del Popolo at the foot of the Egyptian obelisk. Or ... ?

Veronica, when might you be able to arrive on the morning of the 20th?

Cheryl, if you are interested we could meet either in the morning or evening of the 18th. My bike tour that day begins at 1400 and is and lasts 6 hrs. So I could meet early or late.

On the 19th my bike tour of Rome begins at 10 and is 7 hrs, so I could meet in the evening sometime awhile after 1700.

Can't wait to tromp about such a wonderful place!

I can communicate by email or text whilst we are there.

Best,
Robbie
robbie_munger

Postby rahrahnica » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi!

My flight arrives in Rome at 7:35 a.m. on the 20th. If I'm correct, our hotel is about 10 minutes from Piazza del Popolo. Hoping the hotel will allow me an early check in. Depending on how long that all takes, I hope to be available by 10 or 11. Of course, that depends on the flight, and transport to hotel, etc.

I'll be available by email and text as well. If it gets to be too complicated, please don't worry about me. I'd hate to be an inconvenience, and I know we'll have plenty of time to hang around each other the rest of the week. :) I really wish I would have gone a day sooner, but seeing as this is my first solo trip, I was hesitant.

I'll private message you both my information.
rahrahnica

Postby mariemb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:26 pm

For anyone else reading this post, I'll also be doing some traveling after our tour. Is anyone else extending their vacation?
mariemb

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge