ETTE140906: Turkey Exolorer September 6, 2014

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

ETTE140906: Turkey Exolorer September 6, 2014

Postby the savvy traveler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm booked for Turkey Explorer starting on Sept 6th in Istanbul. And was wondering who else signed up for this tour? I'm from Seattle and this will be my first trip to Turkey! I'm staying an extra day the night of September 20th and fly out the 21st. Is anyone else going to be around that Saturday? Maybe we could do some exploring together.
the savvy traveler
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: ETTE140906: Turkey Exolorer September 6, 2014

Postby louie's daddy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi,
I'm Ron Wallen of Palm Springs, and am going to be on the same tour. I'm arriving Istanbul on September 3, so I'll have a few days on my own before joining the tour (on my birthday, no less!) After the tour, I'm joining the Celebrity Constellation Black Sea Cruise, so I'll be leaving the same day most everyone else is. (Why I chose the name Louie's Daddy, I'll never know. It must have been about 2 in the morning, when my brain wasn't working on all cylinders. Louie is my Black Lab best friend.)(
Although I've traveled pretty extensively in other parts of the world, this is my first time to Turkey and my first time to Greece (short time though that will be). I'm quite excited about this - maybe a little nervous too, since it'll be the first trip taken solo - I lost my long term partner three years ago.) But, I'm betting on a great small group, and figure I'll be among friends in no time.
Looking forward to seeing everyone - it's getting real soon!
Best,
Ron
louie's daddy

Turkey explorer leaving Sept6/14

Postby jcaand » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm

My name is Jerry Andersen : I will be arriving in Istanbul Sept 3 ( evening ) and will be at the joining hotel : the tour starts on the 6th. and would be very interested in meeting fellow travellers before the tour - for coffee? museum / walking tours, etc.
I live in Vancouver, B.C. and will be flying in from Paris (Air France). I have been to Istanbul many years ago and have travelled with Gap in Egypt and also Jordan.Looking forward to meeting all.
jcaand

Postby the savvy traveler » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Alexandra and I'm very excited to meet all of you! This should be an amazing trip with lots of adventure and great conversation. I'm open to try new things, I love to meet new people and really enjoy travel! I'm flying in from Seattle via Frankfurt on September 6th in the afternoon.

See you in Istanbul,

Alexandra
the savvy traveler

Postby friedahumphreys » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,
Frieda and Paul from Melbourne, Australia.
First time in Turkey, arriving at departure hotel a few days early to have a look around Istanbul.
Looking forward to meeting the group.
friedahumphreys

Postby 3636smart » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:55 pm

Hello, Janice Comar here...this is my first trip to Turkey as well as my first guided tour. After having travelled previously not using tours I am really looking forward to the ease of having so much done for me! I am travelling with my sister Lolli who lives in Vancouver...I live in Courtenay on Vancouver Island. Am arriving at the Centrum hotel the morning of Sept 5 and would be happy to meet others for coffee, walks or a bit of exploring the city. Am so excited to be going to Turkey and looking forward to meeting my co travellers there.
3636smart

Postby 3636smart » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Whoops...leaving Sept 7 from Istanbul on the ultimate Turkey tour...however still feel free to contact me for coffee before you leave...my sister and I arrive mid morning Sept 5 at the Centrum.
3636smart

Postby sharonandkelly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 am

Joanne and Ed, Sharon and Kelly are now in Istanbul and having a great time! Looking forward to meeting all of you.
sharonandkelly

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge