ACBH140920: China Adventure - September 20, 2014

Meet travelling companions booked on G Adventures trips departing in September

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

ACBH140920: China Adventure - September 20, 2014

Postby aveshan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi all,

Really looking forward to this trip, and meeting all of you joining!
Most keen on photographing the Terracotta Army in Xi'an, and spending the evening with the rural family in the homestay.

Drop a message on this thread if you will be sharing in the impending awesomeness :D

Cheers,
Avi
aveshan
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: ACBH140920: China Adventure - September 20, 2014

Postby dana187 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:27 am

Hi Avi,

I will be joining on this adventure as well! I am very excited for all of it! I plan to arrive a day early and stay a day late so perhaps if any others are doing the same we might connect. I will be coming from Indiana, in the USA. Where are you from?

I was curious about what the weather should be like and found this website helpful, in case you or anyone else is interested: http://weatherspark.com/averages/34097/9/Beijing-China
It looks like we will see potential lows of 60F in Beijing and highs of 90F in Hong Kong.

Dana
dana187

Postby aveshan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Wonderful Dana, pleased to meet you - I'm sure we're going to have an amazing time.

I'll be in Beijing from the 18th, and will leave Hong Kong on 7th; so it will be great to meet up.

Cool. I'll be coming from Johannesburg, South Africa!

Thanks for the weather forecast. That's quite a range to deal with. Guess we'll have to come well prepared.

Avi
aveshan

Postby holey_the_goalie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I too will be sharing in the "impending awesomeness"! :D
This will be my first time exploring China and I'm excited!
Hailing from Vancouver, BC.

Kathy
holey_the_goalie

Postby unplugged » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:39 pm

I should be on this trip ;)

Landing too early to be healthy on the 20th and leaving Hong Kong a couple of days after the tour ends.
unplugged

Postby dana187 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:33 am

What is everyone doing with their extra time in Beijing? I was thinking of checking out the Summer Palace. It will require riding the subway (with one line switch), which makes me a tiny bit nervous but I think it would be doable. I arrive Friday afternoon, so I was thinking I would do that Saturday morning. Does anyone know what time our meeting with our leader is? I know I saw it somewhere in our documents but am having a hard time finding it now...
dana187

Postby unplugged » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Well im hoping to "Offload" my luggage in the hotel and then go find/take photos of the charming rip off western shops ;) and the scenery of the markets and atmosphere of course. I haven't had time to plan out a day yet as it depends on jet lag/delays erupting volcanoes etc :(

Im haven't seen a meeting time on any of the documents? I could be wrong however there isn't one on the Trip Notes. From past experience however the meeting time and location is generally published in the hotel so it's normally a good idea to find it sooner rather than later.

Theres a small formal meeting (around 6-7pm) where you get to introduce people / sign paperwork etc. This is normally done in the "Business Center" or hotel lobby (wherever is convenient for the location)

This is then usually followed by a more informal dinner/drinks at a local restaurant. On the way back to the hotel the CEO will show you cash machines / shops etc to pick up supplies.

This is all of course based on my experience of other trips so it may vary ;) I'm not going to make the mistake this time round of eating a massive dinner prior to the meeting only having to eat another one an hour later so ill be the one looking starving at the CEO meeting and going out for food after regardless ;)
unplugged

Postby kerryisnotin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Hello,

Although, I am on a different tour than the rest of you, I will be arriving on Friday afternoon also. If anyone wants to meet up for dinner and maybe plan some sight seeing the next day, ring my room or leave me a message.

Dana, I am coming from Iowa and arriving at a similar time as you. I would assume we are both flying through Chicago. You aren't on UA851 are you?

Kerry Richards
kerryisnotin
User Rank: Weekender

Postby dana187 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:47 am

Kerry-- It looks like I am on UA851 also! Does your tour start at Dong Fang Hotel, too? I am thinking I will take the Airport Express Train and subway to the hotel. Might as well figure out the public transit early on. :)
Dana
dana187

Postby kerryisnotin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Dana,

It looks like we are in different hotels. I am at the Chong Wen Men Hotel-X. I planned on taking the subway too. So we could at least go that far together. I have 4 hours to kill in Chicago too, if you want to meet up there. Shoot me a message, by facebook(I assume you are on FB :). You can search me by the e-mail kerryisnotin@yahoo.com

Kerry
kerryisnotin

Return to September