DTKS140906: Mt. Kilimanjaro & Serengeti Adventure 2014-09-06

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

DTKS140906: Mt. Kilimanjaro & Serengeti Adventure 2014-09-06

Postby jy_globetrotter » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 am

Hello All,

My cousin and I (from Alberta, Canada) will be heading to East Africa for the first time in September. We are really excited about the trip. We plan to arrive a day early on Sep 5 and was wondering if anyone else is arriving early. We are currently exploring ideas for day trips in the Moshi area prior to the joining meeting. If anyone has good suggestions, please forward them on.
Thanks.

Janice and Rosie
jy_globetrotter
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: DTKS140906: Mt. Kilimanjaro & Serengeti Adventure 2014-0

Postby jockey-64 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:30 am

Hi guys, are you doing the marangu route and then the safaris? My adventure starts on the 7th and I arrive from Australia on the 6th.
jockey-64

Postby jy_globetrotter » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:19 pm

We are doing the Machame Route (aka Whiskey Route) followed by the Safaris. I guess Day 1 (Sep 6) is joining meeting in the evening so Day 2 (Sep 7) is technically the first day of the climb.
jy_globetrotter

Postby jy_globetrotter » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello everyone,

Trip is coming up in a couple weeks. We've been monitoring many travel update sites given the health concerns in West Africa and safety situation in Kenya. I was a bit worried when South Korea announced today their cancellation of flights into Kenya and wonder if it foreshadows other airlines' decisions in the next week or two that may eventually affect Tanzania.

Fingers crossed I hope everything will pan out. We are flying in on Condor Airlines from Frankfurt and so far, business as usual. Is everyone coming in through British Airways/KLM/Air France?
jy_globetrotter

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge