DKTS130930 : KENYA & TANZANIA SAFARI EXPERIENCE - Sept 30

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

DKTS130930 : KENYA & TANZANIA SAFARI EXPERIENCE - Sept 30

Postby ph2 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Steve and Julie are signed up for this tour and looking for our travel mates. We are both retired (ages 67 and 56 respectively), live in California, have traveled extensively including one trekking tour with "GAdventures" about 5 years ago (GAP back then), we still backpack and hike and golf and ski etc. Steve has enjoyed Kenya/Tanzania three times previously but this will be a first for Julie.

Welcome aboard, looking forward to meeting you.
ph2
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: DKTS130930 : KENYA & TANZANIA SAFARI EXPERIENCE - Sept 3

Postby njeyemd » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:24 am

Greetings. Dan from NJ here- 37, traveling solo, first time to Africa and looking forward to it. I didn't see any mention of needing to bring a sleeping bag. Do you suppose these "luxury camps" have all the equipment we need?
njeyemd

Postby ph2 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Welcome Dan, we are looking forward to meeting you in Nairobi along with, hopefully, others from around the world. Based on my detailed reading of the trip info, and based on my previous African trips (not with GAventures) I assume that bedding is included in all locations. Of course if you'd rather sleep in your own bag, and/or a sleep sheet nothing prevents you from doing that. Needless to say you can call/write GA to confirm (and let us all know the answer).
ph2

Postby njeyemd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:39 pm

So it looks like there was a bit of an incident in Nairobi today. I called G Adventures and they said to keep watch on the safety status updates for the trip. At worst I figure they may change the hotel for the first night but since the majority of the journey is not in Nairobi, I'm still very excited. Any thoughts? I hope everyone is still going.

-Dan
njeyemd

Postby ph2 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Steve and Julie are packing as i speak! Obviously we are saddened by the events in Nairobi and would have felt better without the violence there. But life is an adventure and we refuse to let terrorists run our lives. Looking forward to meeting everyone in Nairobi on Monday and hope to have time to stroll the Nairobi City Market.
ph2

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge