EICW130322 Cinque Terre Coastal Walk September 22, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

EICW130322 Cinque Terre Coastal Walk September 22, 2013

Postby kristaspurr » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 am

Hi G Adventurers,
I'm really looking forward to my second G Adventures trip this September on the Cinque Terre. I'll be traveling in Italy solo before (Venice) and after (Florence, Rome) the trip, so it you have any tips to share, food recommendations or want to meet up along the way, let me know!
Krista
Krista Spurr
Halifax, NS Canada
G Adventurer and & Travel Blogger
Find me online at http://bitesizedtravel.ca or on Twitter at @bitesizedtravel
kristaspurr
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: EICW130322 Cinque Terre Coastal Walk September 22, 2013

Postby diorio » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Hello Krista,

Nice to meet you. Where did you go with G Adventures before? I have not done G Adventures before, but I have travelled to Venice, Rome and Florence before -- loved them all.

I too am sandwiching in Cinque Terre. i will be hiking in Dolomites the week before, and taking an Amalfi Coast walking tour the following week. On the 22nd, I will be coming down from the mountains to Venice in the late morning, then taking a train from Venice to Riomaggiore. unfortunately that means I won't arrive until about 7 pm. What are your arrival plans?

Have you heard if there are any other solo travelers on this trip besides the two of us?

Diane
diorio

Postby tomt1475 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi Diane and Krista,

I'm taking my 1st G Adventure trip next month. Rome to Prague. Have you two taken this trip before? Any tips, helpful info would be most appreciated.

Thanks Tom
tomt1475

Postby kristaspurr » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:46 am

Hi Diane and Tom,
Nice to meet both of you! I haven't taken the Rome to Prague trip, but I'm sure it's marvelous! I went on a 14-day trip to Morocco with G Adventures in 2010 and it was wonderful. Well-organized, terrific guide, great tips and, of course, fun.

My arrival plans are still pending. I'll be in Venice from September 18 to 21 (budget-wise, I couldn't stand another day), and will take the train as far as Florence, camp out there the evening of the 21st, and continue on to La Spezia -> Riomaggiore mid-day on Sunday. The trip is about three hours, but I'm hoping to arrive in Riomaggiore in time to do a little wandering on my own before our meeting.

I haven't heard if there are any solo travelers besides us, but I'm sure it'll be an interesting group of people. This part of my trip is the only "active" part - aside from wandering in cities - it's proving to be a packing list challenge! No matter, I'm sure it'll all work out by September. Looking forward to meeting you, safe travels!
Krista
Krista Spurr
Halifax, NS Canada
kristaspurr

Postby katzuio » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi there,
I'll be joining G adventures for the first time for the Rome to Prague tour on Sept 9th. I'll be sandwiching the tour between solo traveling in Greece the week before and another week in Germany the week after.
Anyone has recommendations on the best way to get from Greece to Rome? I was thinking on taking a ferry from the port of Patra to either Bari or Brindisi. From there, taking a train to Rome.
Has anyone done this before?
Any suggestions or tips are appreciated!

Looking forward to an amazing trip,

Catalina
katzuio

Postby kristaspurr » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 am

I haven't taken the ferry, but I looked into it when I was going to incorporate Croatia into this trip. It looks like a fun alternative to planes and trains, as long as you like boats, and fairly budget-friendly, too. Safe travels and we'll see you in Riomaggiore!
Krista
Krista Spurr
Halifax, NS Canada
kristaspurr

Postby mkennedy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:32 am

Hi Krista, I tossed up taking the same date/trip to Cinque Terra that you're taking but instead choose Scotland (Sept 22). I'm also travelling from Hfx and I would have loved to have had the company, I'm not a great solo traveler - oh well better luck for me next time. This is also my 2nd trip last year I went to Peru with G. Have a great trip.
mkennedy
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby vlad2010 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi Diane. I'm also hiking Dolomites on September 14-22, and than go to Cinque terre. I'll take a train from Bolzano to La Spezia on the same day we coming to Bolzano, on 22, and late night will arrive to that city which right near to Cinque Terre. Sleep one noght, and on 23 start hiking there. Do we go on the same trip? Vlad
vlad2010

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge