AJJR130916 : Japan Express Sep 16 to Sep 24

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

AJJR130916 : Japan Express Sep 16 to Sep 24

Postby allonsy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Hey Guys!

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I am very excited about my upcoming Japan tour. Can't wait to meet new people and experience this entirely new culture. I am travelling with an old friend, and we're just looking to get to know people before we leave.

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Chellyce (and Renae)
allonsy
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Japan Express Sep 16 to Sep 24

Postby samantha88 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:22 am

Hey Chellyce and Renae,
My name's Sam and I'm from Wollongong, Australia. Yeah I'm super excited too...only 3 months to go! I've always loved the Japanese culture so decided to do this trip as a quarter of a century birthday present to myself (I turned 25 a few weeks ago..eep ). So yeah I bit the bullet and booked the tour and am going by myself! Looking forward to getting to know you girls...where abouts are you from?

Sam
samantha88

Postby allonsy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:56 am

Hey Sam!

25! That's exciting, and you won't be by yourself ;) We're from WA, Renae is from Bunbury and I'm from Perth, but we've been friends since high school. Renae is the Japonofile, I'm a total novice unless you count a prepubescent obsession with Sailor Moon as knowledge of the culture! I just got back from the US and Europe (my forte), but the travel bug has bitten me- hence the spontaneous Japan trip. Have any tips for me? Have you been before?
allonsy

Postby samantha88 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 am

Oooo I'm hoping for Europe for next year..you'll have to tell me everything! I went to the US when I was 11 so don't remember that much so will def go back one day...what parts did you go to? The last trip I went on was last year to Thailand..it was good fun except when I nearly died from Cholera haha. I'm getting there a day early so I get an extra day in Osaka..what time does your plane land?
samantha88

Postby allonsy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:28 am

Oh crap, cholera?! Definitely didn't have any of that on my trip. Went all over Europe, primarily to cities, though- London, Paris, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Munich, Venice, Rome- and then to Iceland for 3 days, before heading to New York, then onto Vegas and Orlando and back to New York again. I never thought I really wanted to go to the US (I mean, NY was on the "one day" list) but it was (minus Orlando) amazing- I really loved Vegas, and New York was the actual definition of cool. London was my favourite place though, I hope to go and study there later. Of course, Japan could potentially top it- we fly in at 11pm on the 14th (just realised we're going to miss the election!), so we have a bit of time to get over the jetlag. What hotel are you staying at? We're trying to figure out airport transfer, it looks like we're going to get absolutely screwed over by taxis from Osaka airport to ours- the Washington Plaza something or rather...
allonsy

Postby samantha88 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:50 am

Wow sounds amazing!! And yeah I'm doing an extra day in Osaka too! I should arrive at 9am on Sunday so I'll have the whole day to explore :D (wish I did that for Tokyo...devo I'll miss Disneyland!!) I read they have the bus thingy. http://www.gadventures.com/trips/japan- ... s-included did you see this link yet? I want to try and do that but my sense of direction isn't the best so will probably end up with the taxi. So what are you most excited for? Mine is a tie between staying in the ryoken with the hot spring and the hustle and bustle of Tokyo.

O and if your on fb so you can put a face to a name this is my account https://www.facebook.com/samantha.spencer.1048.
samantha88

Postby allonsy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 am

Oh thanks for that! Student Flights quoted us like $500 for airport transfer, it was ridiculous! That's so much cheaper... That sucks about Disneyland! I'm not entirely sold on it yet because I'm not really into theme parks, but a friend of mine just got back and she said you just have to go for the experience, so I think I'll come around. I think I'm most excited for Tokyo, although Hiroshima was a particular point of interest for me- I've studied a bit of Japanese politics, and I'm interested to see the birthplace of "peace politics," basically I'll be able to get my nerd on lol. I'm also pretty psyched for Mount Fuji. Arrghhhh its all going to be amazing!
allonsy

Re: AJJR130916 : Japan Express Sep 16 to Sep 24

Postby ccouzi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 am

Hi everyone,

seems like there will be a few aussies on this trip. I just booked mine on a whim this week and managed to secure the last spot.

See you there...
Claudia

https://twitter.com/CCouzi
ccouzi

Postby jabr » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 am

Hi All!!!!

Not long now and I cannot wait :-) My name is Jacob! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and experience new things while in Japan!! I studied Japanese of 9 years while in school so Ive always been interested in their culture... hopefully I will be able to remember some of it!! =P

Is there anyone else who are extending their trip? I arrive in Osaka on the Saturday before the tour starts and staying an extra 4 days in Tokyo after the tour and would love some company as Im travelling alone haha!!!

Jacob
jabr

Postby allonsy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:29 am

Hey Jacob and Claudia!

Definitely getting excited now, Sam Renae and I have all been discussing our plans for arrival/departure/adventures in between- Tickets to a new Sailor Moon Musical have been discussed!

Where are you guys from? When do you arrive? Renae and I get in at midnight on the 15th, we're probably going to spend the day sleeping/fending off jetlag, but we figure we'll do the big Osaka sights on the first day of the tour, maybe we could all do dinner or something the night of the 15th and catch up?

Looking forward to meeting you,
Chellyce

https://www.facebook.com/chellyce.birch
allonsy

Postby jabr » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:22 pm

18 days!! (not that I am counting) haha

I'm from Brisbane and I land in Osaka on the evening of the 14th then Im leaving Tokyo on the 27th! So I get some extra time in both cities before and after the tour! Theres a Sailor Moon Musical?? haha hilarious!

How long does it take from Perth?

Dinner sounds good! Will have to lock it in!

J
jabr

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge