PQG 130908 - Quest of the Gods - Sept 8

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

PQG 130908 - Quest of the Gods - Sept 8

Postby carolynnj » Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 am

I managed to secure a spot for Quest of the Gods a week later than my original plan, so I'm arriving in Lima late on the 6th, plan on seeing some sites on the 7th, and then starting the "trip" the next day. I'm traveling solo. If you are too, consider this your warning potential future bunk-buddy: this is my first "real" hike.

What does first "real" hike mean to me? The weight restriction for our gear has already left me with more heart palpitations than P90X (if I had ever done it, that is). The idea of wearing the same shirt twice has me in cold sweats at night. I already miss my perfume and lipstick. I figure at least a kilo of my limit will be taken up by baby wipes.

There's a silver lining, though, future bunk-buddy: I don't snore.

I would love to hear from others who will be on this trip!

I'm 33, and from Toronto, Ontario.
carolynnj
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: PQG 130908 - Quest of the Gods - Sept 8

Postby gregjmax » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Carolynn,
It has been a while since you posted, time is getting close. My wife and I are on the trip travelling from Nova Scotia. We arrive on the 6th and are doing a bicycle tour of Lima the next day. We are in our 50's, but very excited to be going. We will have to start weighing our stuff!

Greg and Brit from Bridgewater, NS
gregjmax

Re: PQG 130908 - Quest of the Gods - Sept 8

Postby carolynnj » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:46 pm

I am regretting the lack of conditioning I have done, but can't wait to leave the electronics behind. Packing 90% done. See you guys soon!!!
carolynnj

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge